Who should attend
This program is open to all those who wish to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the complex issues surrounding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
About the course
Build your cultural competence. Join us for this virtual workshop to build a foundation of knowledge and understanding of the discipline of diversity, equity and inclusion. Take away strategies to navigate sensitive issues. This interactive program will provide opportunities to learn and engage as you discuss.
- Culture, diversity and inclusion definitions and terminology
- Understand diversity in the context of race, sexual orientation, religion
- Learn how to develop intercultural competence and confidence
- Building an effective team in an environment of polarization
- What does a healthy, diverse team look like?
- Good, moral and ethical leadership -- what does this look like?
Nehrwr Abdul-Wahid will serve as lead consultant. Nehrwr (pronounced "nay-wah") Abdul-Wahid is a highly sought after consultant, trainer, and facilitator of what he describes as “much needed empathetic and compassionate dialogue with the goal of being more effective in how we work with and acros...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.