Distribution Channel Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Creating go-to-market growth strategies
Regardless of your business model, this intensive program will teach you how to design, develop, maintain and manage productive go-to-market relationships that create and sustain competitive advantage. You'll be guided by some of some of the most highly regarded authorities in the field and learn to use a proven framework to synergize marketing and sales efforts, explore emerging technologies for increased efficiency and build productive, mutually rewarding relationships with channel partners and customers.
This program delivers high-value content and practical tools applicable across a wide range of channel structures and associated challenges: Consumer goods and services companies selling through wholesalers and retailers. Business-to-business firms working through independent distributors and sales representatives. Retailers seeking to improve efficiency in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Intermediaries seeking to preserve their role in an increasingly fluid channel structure.
- Develop analytic skills through case studies and interactive mystery shopping, and apply lessons learned to your organization’s channel system
- Learn methodologies and tools that will help you select channel intensity and appropriate partners, design incentives and resolve conflict
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of channel activities by leveraging emerging technologies
- Build symbiotic win-win-win channel and customer relationships
Assessing Channel Benefit Demands
- Learn how your customers buy, not just what they buy
- Identify which channel benefits matter in your market
- Target the highest potential channel segments in your market
Optimizing Your Channel Structure to Meet End-Users’ Demands
- Choose the right channel intermediaries
- Set your distribution intensity
- Allocate channel functions to specific channel members
- Integrate your supply chain with your distribution and go-to-market approach
Assessing Gaps in the Current Channel Strategy
- Define the constraints limiting your optimal channel design
- Identify the resulting channel gaps
- Apply effective strategies to close channel gaps and align your channel
Identifying and Managing Channel Conflict
- Establish the main types of channel conflict in both uni- and multi-channel structures
- Assess potential conflicts and prevent their development
- Learn how to use your power sources to manage ongoing channel conflict
Special Feature: Using the Channel Audit Toolkit
The Channel Audit Toolkit leads you through a full channel analysis. The handbook describes the audit process, while the workbook aids in the assessment of your channel design and operation. The toolkit is designed for use not just during the program but in your business afterward.
Who should attend
- Senior executives – managers, directors and vice presidents – responsible for creating and managing channels of distribution in manufacturing, wholesale, retail, and service firms
- Other senior leaders with strategic go-to-market responsibilities