Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Robins School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Disruptive innovation is a process that results in a radical change in a given industry driven by the introduction of a new product or service. Technology is often the key component of the change. Examples include:
- Apple’s introduction of the iPhone disrupting music, photo, and communication
- Amazon’s e-commerce strategy to disrupt the retail industry
- Uber’s disruption of the taxi cab industry
The huge challenge facing both large and small companies is whether their businesses/industries can be disrupted and the steps necessary to prevent such disruption. Shockingly, the life span of S&P companies has decreased—from 61 years in 1958 to 18 years in 2017. Could this happen to your firm?
This one day program is divided into three sections and will be held in a “Think Tank” setting:
- What is disruption and is your firm vulnerable?
- How to prepare for disruption – developing a strategy
- How to organize for disruption – implementing a strategy
- Heighten awareness of disruption
- Determine vulnerability of your firm
- Learn techniques used by major disrupters
- Cases/best practice approach
- Provide tools/strategy to mitigate/prevent disruption
Who should attend
Senior executives and/or their delegates who are charged with “saving the firm” from disruption and possible extinction