Diploma in Leadership Development Programme: the Future Leaders’ Boot Camp (Modular)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CEIBS.Full disclaimer.
Companies across the world are facing mounting challenges in today’s turbulent global economic environment. With a burgeoning virtual economy, new competition from emerging markets, and dire economic forecasts from Europe, today’s business executives need a deeper understanding of business fundamentals and a heightened capacity to lead. Successful managers must increasingly be able to develop a global mindset, as well as the capacity to manage – and adapt to – complex issues that typically accompany volatile changes in the marketplace.
CEIBS, Asia’s leading business school, has developed the Diploma in Leadership Development Programme: Future Leaders’ Boot Camp (DLDP) to transform emerging managers into leaders who can confidently embrace their roles as major players in today’s increasingly complex business environment. The brand new DLDP is an upgraded version that has been developed based on one of CEIBS’ flagship programmes, the Diploma in Management Programme which was launched in 1998 and has been widely welcomed by multinationals in China for the past 15 years. To reflect the changing global business environment, the DLDP keeps the core business fundamentals of the old DIMP and adds an additional emphasis on personal leadership development. Instead of the traditional topic-focused programme delivery approach, the DLDP adopts an integrative and innovative methodology to re-enforce what participants learn through a special focus on experiencing, coaching, exercising, teamwork and competing.
The upgraded DLDP will provide an intensive and inspiring learning experience to young and ambitious managers who are seeking career advancement and broader responsibilities. The programme is divided into two parts – a compulsory section of four modules and an elective section of two modules. Each compulsory module is presented in a single 5-day session across a weekend. The compulsory section allows participants to develop a firm foundation in the fundamentals of management, including skills in various functional areas, meanwhile, exploring their leadership potential and enhancing their leadership and business capabilities. The elective section enables participants to develop their business competencies further according to their areas of expertise and interest. The elective modules offer nearly 20 choices, in key business areas, such as marketing, operations, organizational behaviour, strategy, finance and accounting. For applicants from outside China, the programme has the additional benefit of giving participants the opportunity to accelerate their leadership potential while also building their understanding of this critically important market.
The programme is tailor-made for up-and-coming leaders, providing an innovative and rewarding learning experience. We will help you to:
- Build your understanding of business essentials (finance, economics, marketing, operations and strategy)
- Reflect on your personal and professional goals and give you the tools needed to achieve your targets
- Explore your leadership potential, shape your leadership style and excel personal leadership development
- Gain an understanding of the business environment in China.
The programme is challenging, intensive and interactive. In addition to traditional classroom lectures, the course integrates leadership exercises, extensive personal/group coaching, discussion of real-life case studies and action learning projects.
Benefits to Participants
This programme enables participants to:
- Step back from their daily responsibilities and gain a broad, integrated perspective of general management.
- Understand their role in their company, learn how to manage up, down, across and outside of their company’s organization.
- Perform a working assessment of their organisation and formulate solutions to individual job challenges.
- Be more confident in making decisions in complex and uncertain situations.
- Gain an understanding of their individual strengths and weaknesses as future leaders.
- Have opportunities to develop a personal network of useful contacts in China and the rest of the world.
- Review and refine personal and professional goals.
- Form a plan to help move towards objectives.
- Develop an understanding of China’s unique business environment.
- Gain insights into how to work effectively with managers from various backgrounds.
- Enjoy membership in the CEIBS alumni association.
Benefits to the Sponsoring Company
The CEIBS Diploma in Management Programme offers the participant's employer the following opportunities to:
- Invest in the organisation's future by cultivating, retaining and motivating key talent, thus securing future business success.
- Ensure young managers are in line with latest management techniques and introduce new ideas into the organisation's operations.
- Develop a professional management team with comprehensive management knowledge and gain a competitive edge in the talent war.
- Create a common language, approach and shared values to overcome communication boundaries.
In order to enhance the relevance for both the participants and their companies, the programme has been structured into two parts, one part compulsory and the other part elective. The compulsory part includes four regular modules covering a range of functional areas as well as the skills necessary for managerial advancement. During these four modules, participants will gain a comprehensive knowledge in business management. These four modules are:
*Module I: Understanding Business Fundamentals *
Strategy, Marketing, Operations
Module II: Integrating Business Functions
Strategy, Finance, Economics
Module III: Building and Excelling in Leadership
Module IV: Strategy Execution and Implementation
Business Simulation, Leadership
After completing the four compulsory modules, participants will begin the two elective modules. The two modules can be chosen according to the participants’ own interests and expertise, from our list of short open programmes. Participants will be informed about the availability of electives upon the completion of the compulsory modules as below：
- Building Winning Capabilities in Mobile Internet Era
- Pricing Strategy
- Game Theory in Practice: How to Compete and Cooperate More Effectively?
- High Performance and Sustainable Leadership
- The Psychology of Coaching Teams and Leading Organisation
- Women in Leadership Programme
Negotiation & Decision-making
- Strategic Negotiation Programme
Organisation & Management
- Human Resources Management: Psychology, Human Nature and Culture
- Talent Management Programme
- Managerial Psychology in Practice
Marketing & Sales
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Key Account Management
- Strategic Sales Forces Management
Finance and Accounting
- Managing Strategic Investment Decisions
- Supply Chain & Business Module Innovation in the Age of Internet
Who should attend
The programme is designed for young, ambitious managers of all nationalities with a minimum of 3 years business experience, who want to propel their managerial career to a higher level. Identified as future leaders by company management, they are often included in their organisation’s succession plan. Proficiency in spoken and written English is a premise for a successful programme application.