Who should attend
Leaders, managers, professionals and individuals who need to understand the digitalization opportunities and landscape, with responsibility for organisation and personal transformation.
No technical background is required.
About the course
Digital hyperconnectivity, new technologies, and smart machines are disrupting business models and transforming business landscapes faster than ever before. While many are familiar with the popular hype and buzzwords, very few individuals and organisations are able to effectively digitalise, leverage the new technologies, and implement well for business efficiency and growth.
This programme is designed to provide you with a sufficiently broad view of digitalisation possibilities and a sufficient depth of understanding to get started in a short timeframe. We start with core modules that introduce strategic concepts and design thinking frameworks that can be applied across any identifiable business digitalisation opportunity. Subsequent digital-dive modules will cover technologies / capabilities for
- improving an organisation’s core business operations
- enabling / enhancing / optimizing / extending the business
- creating new customers and segments in potentially game-changing ways
Participants will concurrently work on a Capstone Project to integrate the knowledge and learnings into a personalized digital transformation roadmap that is applicable to you and your workplace.
Module 1: Digitalisation Landscape & Impact of Disruption
- Understand what has changed in recent years, beyond computerisation, automation, and internet connectivity.
- Explore the rise of Industry 4.0 and the digitalisation of products and services which have disrupted book stores to banks and transformed competitive landscapes.
- Apply portfolio frameworks to manage your digital transformation initiatives.
Module 2: Strategies and New Business Models for the Platform Economy
- Recognize the features of evolving digital platforms and multi-sided markets, network multiplier effects and their consequences.
- Evaluate the suitability of the platform model for your business.
- Learn four key steps to building a sustainable platform strategy.
Module 3 & 4: Applying the Design Thinking Process
- Dive deep into the design thinking framework and process.
- Understand how to apply human-centered and action-oriented solutions to complex business problems.
- Step-by-step, gain deep insights into your target users’ needs and pain points, ideate and iterate for improvements in outcomes and value creation.
Module 5: Digitalising Core Operations and the Supply Chain
- Digitalisation has opened up new possibilities for putting together products and services, delivering them at greater efficiency and resiliency than ever before.
- Explore supply chain technologies available today and emerging ones in the near future that can help you with greater visibility, tracking, and operational forecasting.
Module 6 & 7: Leveraging Big Data Analytics & Machine Learning for Value Creation
- Understand the reality beyond the hype.
- Identify where your organisation is on the analytics journey with a data audit exercise to think about your data: what is available; its potential; and what is missing from your data ecosystem.
- Get started with a practical path to building your business analytics team.
Module 8 & 9: Rethinking Marketing and Outreach, for the Digital Customer
- A large proportion of your customers and clients are now digitally savvy consumers.
- Understand how buying behaviors have changed with new markets and opportunities in the digital era.
- Explore digital marketing technologies, channels, branding, and customer acquisition possibilities.
WHY ENROL FOR THE PROGRAMME
Digital hyperconnectivity, new technologies, and smart machines are disrupting business models and transforming business landscapes faster than ever before. While many are familiar with the popular hype and buzzwords, very few individuals and organisations are able to effectively digitalise, leverage the new technologies, and implement them well for business growth. Upon completion, you will have identified key areas to focus on for your digital transformation.
Your learning journey will include:
- Online video lectures, assignments, and peer discussions moderated by programme facilitators
- Case studies and assignments that allow you to apply key concepts and ideas learnt
- An integrative Capstone Project will transform your knowledge into a digital transformation roadmap that you can utilize immediately
Education Qualifications PhD, Business and Management, University of South Australia, 2012 Graduate Diploma, Management Research, University of South Australia, 2010 MBA, Banking & Finance, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1996 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Electrical, Natio...
Education Qualifications BSc, Economics, University of London, UK (external degree), 1999 BS, Electrical Engineering, Stanford Univeristy, USA, 1998 MS, Management Science and Engineering, Stanford Univeristy, USA, 1998 Academic Experience Adjunct Associate Professor, National University of Si...
Professor Keppo teaches risk management and analytics courses, and directs analytics executive education programs at NUS Business School. He is also Co-Director of NUS Business Analytics Center. Previously, he taught at the University of Michigan. He has several publications in the top-tier jour...
Education Qualifications PhD, National University of Singapore, 2003 BBA (Hons), National University of Singapore, 1994 Academic Experience Senior Lecturer of Marketing, National University of Singapore, 2013 - current Senior Lecturer, University of Newcastle, Singapore, 2007 - 2012 Adjunct Le...
Andreas Deppeler is an Adjunct Associate Professor and Deputy Director of the Centre on AI Technology for Humankind at NUS Business School. He teaches courses on emerging technologies, data value and digital strategy. His research focuses on artificial intelligence at the intersection of computer...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.