Hertie School of Governance
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Digitalisation is the cause of large-scale and sweeping transformations, which have just started and are not yet well understood. The digital revolution is a complex and ubiquitous phenomenon, touching upon all aspects of social, political and economic life. The way we live, work, communicate and make choices is on verge of a fundamental transformation. The jury is still out - but so far, these changes are seen as a double-edged sword. Digital is seen to come with opportunities of direct communication, social inclusion and economic growth. On the other hand, risks of digital surveillance, technological unemployment and social disruption are being discussed. There is a lot of uncertainty in policy circles, corporate planning offices and in civil society on assessment of the impact and therefore, the appropriate response.
Key questions to be addressed in the seminar:
- How do governments design policy to address the digital transformation of the economy?
What are the tools and frameworks to design policy with a specific focus on latest trends in data science, behavioral economics and citizen participation
- Does technology destroy or create job and what are the implications for labour market, skilling and learning policies;
- What do we know about the impact of different technologies, especially Artificial Intelligence?
- How do we innovate in the digital age?
The seminar combines academic and practitioners perspectives on the scale and scope of the digital transformation in politics, business and society. Participants will get insights into the impact by policy field and will develop actionable insights for policy making and organisational governance.
This seminar is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
- Hertie School Digitalisation Programme
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available