Who should attend
This course is designed for non-technical leaders in any industry, from supervisors through to C-Level executives and Board members.
About the course
Digital technology is rapidly transforming business and society. This intensive half-day primer is designed to quickly bring leaders and executives up to speed with the main concepts, terminologies and use cases and enable them to communicate this new knowledge to others in their organization.
About this course
This course is a collaboration between UTS and DataDriven.
Virtually every area of human activity is being profoundly altered by digital technology. The most successful leaders are those embracing digital transformation (DX) to build new offerings based on innovative business models enabled by DX technologies and processes.
There is a sometimes-bewildering array of enabling technologies and initiatives driving this revolution including the Internet of Things (IOT), Big Data/Analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Workplace/Mobility, Cloud computing and Cybersecurity to name a few.
So, what does it all mean, and how can non-technical executives make sense of the Digital Transformation trend and start to apply digital thinking in their own organisations?
Topics covered in this informative, intensive and interactive course include:
- Digital Transformation (DX) and why it is important for today’s leader
- Key technologies and processes to be aware of, their importance and how they work together
- Best practice examples of technologies and co-creation of transformative business outcomes
- Preparing yourself as a leader for an increasingly digitalised future
- Using the DataDriven Digital Transformation Technology Matrix (DXTM) to explain DX to others and as a possible model for starting your own DX journey
- Describe the evolution of ICT from traditional models through to Digital Transformation
- Describe key concepts and technologies underpinning DX
- Start thinking more digitally through short case studies of DX application across major industries locally and globally
- Identify the next steps for preparing yourself as a leader in an increasingly digitalised future
Craig Baty is a globally recognised hi-tech industry adviser and Principal of his own business DataDriven. Craig has more than 3 decades of ICT experience, having started as a mainframe operator in 1979 and studying COBOL at TAFE. He has held local and global C-level roles in First State Computin...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.