Who should attend
- Head of departments and executives
- Directors and business leaders
- Strategists and enterprise architects
- Business/digital transformation professionals
- Product managers.
About the course
This one-day executive workshop provides participants with the theoretical knowledge and hands-on practical experience required to formulate a digital strategy through the application of leading digital business frameworks, business model concepts, and strategic practices and techniques.
About this course
In the digital age, we need agile and adaptive approaches to formulating and incorporating business and technology strategies for an integrated digital strategy. Firms that have successfully digitised their service offerings and operations have enjoyed greater returns for their shareholders. This course focuses on the broader approach to guiding and informing digital strategy through partnerships across eco-systems. Participants will learn through open dialogue and discussions of practical examples of digital companies, enabling them to gain the knowledge required to formulate and mobilise a digital strategy for execution in their own organisations.
The course is composed of the following key sections:
- Positioning business strategy, technology strategy and digital strategy
- Pitfalls in digital strategy
- Critical success factors for digital strategy.
Section 1: Digital business model
- Key frameworks to guide the digital agenda
- Framing your business model
- Digital value proposition
- Supplier, partner and eco-system strategies.
Section 2: Five step digital strategy process
- Transparency in the process
- Key activities, input and outputs
- Prioritisation and sequencing
- Mobilisation to execute.
Section 3: Adaptive enterprise and platform architectures
- Architecture capability for digital strategy
- Buy, build or borrow strategy
- Transition steps.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Be able to explain how digital strategy differs from traditional business and technology strategies
- Have a practical understanding of the elements that lead to formulating a sound digital strategy
- Know how to apply industry leading frameworks in developing a digital business model for services and products
- Understand how to identify appropriate partnerships
- Be able to successfully mobilise a digital strategy towards execution
- Be able to apply adaptive architecture principles to enable digital innovation and transformation.
Asif Gill is a result-oriented academic, adviser, coach, inventor and professional trainer with extensive experience in various sectors including banking, consulting, education, finance, government, nonprofit, software and telco. He specialises in adaptive enterprise architecture & informatio...
Sarv Girn is a senior executive and non-executive director with a 30-year career in financial services across the UK, Australia and Asia. With a proven track record in business change enabled by digital platforms for service, productivity, innovation and revenue goals, Sarv is renowned for expert...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.