Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Learn the methods to work strategically and innovatively in today’s digital landscape.
The course is available as either five intensive days at our Stockholm campus or online over a six week period.
Create a digital strategy
In today’s digital world of ever-shifting consumer expectations and rapid disruption, the challenge of staying one step ahead remains for many teams and business leaders. How can you gain the confidence to succeed in this environment? Is it possible to create a sustainable digital strategy that can both meet customer demand and still stay true to your business vision—all while increasing profitability and staying competitive?
On our digital strategy course, you’ll learn how to navigate uncertainty, disruption, and change, and become equipped with a digital-first mindset. Learn to harness the transformative potential of digital to add value to your business and plan for how to strategically work with innovation within your organization. Gain confidence and inspiration within the digital landscape, as well as the ability to implement a digital strategy that allows for a strong and innovative culture.
What you'll learn
By the time you finish this course, you should have acquired knowledge, skills and competence that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Align your current business strategy with the opportunities and risks of digital
- Create a sustainable and adaptable digital strategy, to meet customer demand and your business’ vision
- Create your own digital strategy, know how to implement it, and gain the confidence to present a digital strategy
- Know how the networked society and platform economy will impact businesses, individuals, and society
- Understand how you can and cannot apply new technology to existing business activities
- Understand changes in consumer behavior and the impact of digital business models and client journeys
How you will learn
DIGITAL STRATEGY INTENSIVE
- 5 full day facilitated sessions with Hyper Island staff and industry experts from Hyper Island´s network of collaborators.
- Our industry expert will share inspiration and co- facilitate you to give a new perspective, example and insight throughout the week.
- In one week you will deep dive to digital strategy and turn off outside distractions with Hyper Island team and other peers on the course.
- Connect and expand your network with other professionals all over the world.
Day 1: Building a learning environment and a new logic
Introduction and foundation: Clarifying program purpose, establishing expectations, and building foundation for success.
Setting the scene: Introduction, exercises, and dialog to create an environment for collaboration and learning.
New logic: Drivers in technology, culture, and behavior driving change; re-framing the “digital” revolution in terms of human beings and networks.
Day 2: Methods for digital strategy
Digital strategy: Exploring the meaning of what a digital strategy could be and what it means for the individual participants.
Ideation and prototyping: Workshop session incorporating insights so far into an interactive, fast-paced opportunity to create prototypes, test and learn from.
Day 3: Ideation, prototyping, data and digital tactics
Data-driven decision making: Advancements in tech, data collection, and analytics, helping us better understand customer needs and opportunities.
Test and validate: Test and validate your prototype with a live audience.
Day 4: Culture, change and digital business models
Leading change: Explore the enablers of and barriers to change and how forward-thinking organizations approach it in order to stay ahead of the curve in a landscape of rapid change.
Readying your organization: Updating and testing individual narratives around tech acumen through storytelling, coaching, and live presentations to peers.
Digital business models: Deep dive into digital business models, value chains, and current customer expectations.
Day 5: Wrap up and move into action
Moving into action: Wrapping-up and sharing the knowledge and skills you have developed. Discussions around how to bring the experience back into your organizations, teams, and processes. Creating your own action plan.
DIGITAL STRATEGY ONLINE
- Six weeks learning experience blending live online sessions, social learning from peers and Hyper Island’s experts.
- Community, learning kits with inspiration, and provocation on the themes for each week.
- Six online sessions, one 60 minute session per week, facilitated by Hyper Island and industry experts from our collaborator network.
- There will be hands-on tasks and challenges to solve and to apply your learning to real-world cases. You should expect to dedicate 6-8 hours a week for your learning.
*Week 1: Introduction and the digital landscape *
We will create clarity in an overview of the program, address the expectations of the participants, and introduce the methodology—looking at relevant digital landscapes that we are operating in today and what strategy means in this context. You will start working on your own strategy based on the cases that you bring in.
*Week 2: A digital mindset *
A closer look at what differentiates digital-first companies from traditional companies, and what it means for companies and their people to have a digital mindset. We will explore how technology can help you reach your business goals.
Week 3: Consumer obsession
What needs are you and your product/service fulfilling? What does it take to become customer obsessed and how can we make that an integral part of your strategy?
Week 4: Prototype and test
Explore ways of identifying the minimum viable product and test your assumptions in a fast as cheap way. And then do it all over again. And again.
*Week 5: Make it happen *
Most strategies get stuck in a drawer, so how can we make sure that doesn’t happen? We will deep dive into the importance of culture and ways of working on innovation and product development.
Week 6: Tell me your pitch
We build and share engaging narratives about why this strategy is needed.
Johan Eriksson, Course leader and facilitator Johan has been part of Hyper Island since 2015 in different roles and he has created and led learning journeys in technology, human centered design, culture, innovation, and entrepreneurship. He has been been leading and designing Hyper Islands cours...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.