This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The complexity of digital communications projects requires both strong project management skills and an understanding of how this applies in a digital context. Develop skills such as requirements gathering and project scoping to meet business goals and define measures of success before a project starts. Apply engagement techniques to help internal and external stakeholders adopt an effective project approach and plan. Create a project brief that identifies the roles and responsibilities for each team member, as well as budget, timeline, functional requirements and deliverables.
What you will learn
- Understand the role of the project manager within the digital team, and from an internal, client or agency perspective
- Describe the process and workflow for managing “digital projects” from concept, planning to execution
- Explain the differences between different project management approaches and philosophies
- Identify key similarities and differences between types of digital projects (web, mobile app, social)
- Identify key stakeholders, project sponsors and understand the steps for client on-boarding and gathering requirements
- Define project scope, deliverables, timelines and budget estimates
- Develop a project plan and know how to allocate resources
- Understand how to engage teams in productive in-person and virtual meetings utilizing collaborative technologies
- Agile vs. traditional project approaches
- Process and planning phases of digital projects
- Project scope and deliverables
- Budget & Timeline development
- Client Management and Communications
- Online collaboration & project management tools
- Managing internal conflict with team members
- Digital project documentation and file management
- Tracking progress and communicating status with clients
- Mitigating risk and managing change requests
- Identifying ‘incremental’ opportunities
- The purpose and process for running a retrospective meeting
Who should attend
For early career to mid-level managers who lead and/or coordinate communication for their organizations and for professionals engaged in marketing, public relations, content creation, media curation, social media and other digital technologies.
Trust the experts
Rachel Segal’s expertise includes strategic planning, content development, and website architecture and usability. Before starting her own consulting firm in 2012, Rachel was director of digital operations for Edelman Public Relationship Canada where she led the execution of a variety of digital ...