Who should attend
The “Digital Mindset: How to Innovate and Lead Your Business for the Future” program is aimed at senior and mid-level executives at both media and non-media companies who want to strengthen their abilities to plan and execute strategy in an increasingly digitally driven environment. It is ideal for senior managers, directors and VPs who are preparing to take on positions of greater responsibility within their organizations and who need to broaden their understanding of the digital landscape.
About the course
The World Is Digital. Are You?
Advances in the digital space—be they social, mobile, or otherwise—are breaking down barriers to market entry, turning established business models on their heads, and offering new ways to engage with customers and employees. To identify and effectively respond to tomorrow’s digital opportunities and threats, it is crucial to develop a truly digital mindset; only with this paradigm can business gains be realized.
- Cultivate a holistic understanding of the digital landscape and gain a clearer grasp on the building blocks of digitalization.
- Challenge the key assumptions behind your business model and analyze potential strategic shifts triggered by digitalization.
- Identify the core capabilities critical to your firm’s longterm success in a digital landscape, and assess structural and contextual approaches to developing them.
- Formalize and articulate your digital strategy, and develop an action plan to drive a digital agenda in your organization.
The “Digital Mindset: How to Innovate and Lead Your Business for the Future” program will tackle the following topics:
- Ecosystems and Platforms
- Building ecosystems and new business models
- Exploring platform strategies to capture value
- The Long-Tail Strategy
- Marketing and New Customer
- Big Data: Cognitive Learning systems
Becoming a Digital Leader
The”Digital Mindset: How to Innovate and Lead Your Business for the Future” program incorporates a number of highly dynamic and interactive teaching methods, including group discussions, class lectures and the case study method. Widely used in executive education, the case study method is an intense, challenging approach that requires participants to make business decisions and take action by analyzing, arguing and defending their recommendations against a multitude of equally plausible solutions.
Areas of Interest Strategic management and Information Systems ICT-enabled innovation Organizational learning The impact of ICT on work-practices Technology-driven industry transformation Dr. Sandra Sieber is currently Full Professor and Head of the Department of Information Systems at IESE Bu...
Josep Valor-Sabatier is professor of Information Systems and information technology and holder of the Indra Chair of Digital Strategy. He received his Ph.D. in Operations Research from MIT, and his Sc.D. in Medical Engineering from the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology. Jose...
Areas of Interest Digital Transformation of Organizations Impact of Digital Density on Business Models Mobility Strategy Big Data Internet of Things Artificial Intelligence Consumerization of IT Digital Media Innovation Javier Zamora is currently Senior Lecturer in the Department of Informatio...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.