Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Marketing and communication professionals
- CEOs, COOs, marketing managers and strategists
- Non-marketers whose roles overlap with digital marketing planning and output
- Business developers
- IT, management and strategy consultants and professionals with close business relationships to marketing professionals
About the course
Learn how to approach digital marketing holistically. Understand how to link Social, Search, Ads and Analytics strategically to influence conversion and engagement of your customers.
This course is developed to address the significant shift to a new business world, where companies, entrepreneurs and institutions are facing a very different reality shaped by the digital transformation. Professionals will get a strategic understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the digital transformation process. The course has been designed to coach marketing, strategy and business development professionals as well as entrepreneurs to create a digital marketing strategy and use digital marketing channels effectively and efficiently. This course gives you a comprehensive design framework to explore digital customer journeys and hands-on experience with digital marketing tools. It further provides a seamless mix of marketing strategy and marketing tactics, tailored to contemporary business and entrepreneurial environments in New Zealand and globally.
This highly interactive two-day short course brings together digital marketing fundamentals and strategic marketing tools for developing and implementing a digital marketing strategy. We use the latest approaches in design thinking including design sprints, digital customer journey mapping and rapid prototyping to lay the foundations for a digital marketing strategy. Over the two-days, participants will run through six modules including:
- Design thinking approach for developing a digital marketing strategy
- Search Engines optimisation
- Web design and rapid prototyping mobile website
- Social media platforms
- Brave new world – Digital marketing in the era of platforms and Blockchains.
- Understand digital marketing strategically, how it drives business objectives and develop hands-on experience with digital marketing tools
- Create a digital marketing strategy based on insights from a holistic design thinking process.
- Develop expertise in handling visibility in search engine results, optimizing web design and setting up an effective ad campaign
- Understand how the effect of digital marketing efforts can be tracked
- Develop expertise to persuade managers and entrepreneurs of justified recommendations regarding their digital marketing strategy
- Gain insights in the blend of marketing and technology, since digital marketing by its very nature is technologically-based.
Dr. Julia Fehrer joined the University of Auckland Business School in 2016 as a Research Fellow with the Department of Marketing. Since July 2018, her role is Lecturer in Digital Marketing with the Graduate School of Management. She further holds a Research Fellowship with the University of Bayre...