This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This 3-day program provides a broad overview of digital marketing strategy and techniques that will enhance your ability to build powerful, innovative digital marketing plans.
Because every organization is faced with its own unique set of challenges, the program enables you to evaluate alternate approaches and a breadth of concepts and frameworks. Queen’s Digital Marketing Program is structured to ensure relevance of content and sensitivity to the needs of both product and services marketing, as well as business-to-business and consumer marketing.
This Program covers:
- Digital Marketing: Successes and Benchmarks
- Search Engine Marketing and Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search Marketing
- Reputation Management
- Online Advertising
- Mobile and Email Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Social Media
The concepts and techniques taught in the Program will enhance your digital marketing skills and increase your value to the organization by helping you to:
- Create strategically aligned marketing plans for both online and offline clients that will drive profitable growth
- Strengthen your linkages to other functional areas who also rely on digital marketing (e.g., mobile, sales, operations, customer service).
- Understand better how all the elements of digital marketing come together to produce effective marketing strategies and plans.
- Learn how to generate and use important insights into your customer;s internet buying behaviour based on their mobile, online shopping and buying patterns.
- Integrate current digital and social marketing marketing tools and techniques into your marketing plan.
Bringing current digital marketing concepts and practices into your organization will have a profoundly positive impact on your organization's performance because it will help to:
- Increase the level of strategic alignment across functional areas that rely on digital marketing and mobile users.
- Create real customer value and drive profitable growth.
- Provide alternative ways to meaningfully differentiate yourself from the competition via mobile, online, social media and search engine optimization.
- Identify better and more quickly respond to changing online and mobile market trends and consumer habits.
- Ensure staff have the latest skills and knowledge related to digital marketing innovations.
DIGITAL MARKETING: SUCCESSES AND BENCHMARKS:
- What are the key objectives of all successful websites?
- What are the best performance indicators for successful websites and digital traffic?
- How can we best evaluate areas for improvement related to underperforming digital marketing?
- What are examples of superior digital marketing success?
SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING & OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
- How do search engines work and what’s the best way to improve organic search rankings?
- What are the mechanics of paid search ranking?
- How can we best create a search engine marketing campaign and evaluate its e ectiveness?
- What are is the best way to recommend changes that will improve the campaign’s conversion rates?
- What are examples of best-of-class SEO?
PAID SEARCH MARKETING
- What are the key types of search engine advertisements and their parts?
- How can you best analyze the e ectiveness of an existing search engine advertising campaign?
- What are the best ways to improve an ad’s position without increasing the bid amount?
- How can you best create a categorized list of keywords with which to advertise on a search engine?
- What are examples of superior paid search marketing?
- What are the important roles of publishers and advertisers in your online ad network?
- What are key di erences among CPC, CPM, and CPA bidding strategies?
- How can Google Ad Planner best help to identify target audiences for your ads?
- What is the best way to assess which of two ads is more effective?
- What are examples of superior online advertising?
- What are top principles underlying optimal mobile web design, including technical constraints of mobile devices and the unique intentions of mobile users?
- What are key ways to assess how a company’s digital advertising strategy should be adapted for mobile users?
- What are examples of best-of-class mobile marketing?
- What is an effective strategy for building a commercial email list?
- How best can you create effective content for a commercial email campaign?
- What is the best way to analyze the results of an email campaign to determine its effectiveness?
- What are best practices to prevent emails from being stopped by spam filters?
- What are examples of superior email campaigns?
- What are the best key performance indicators (KPIs) for a website of any variety?
- How can you determine the most needed improvements for your website based on an analysis of its conversion funnel?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the various online sales attribution methods?
- What are excellent examples of rigorous web analytics processes?
- What is the virality formula and how can you use it to increase the likelihood of a social media campaign “going viral”?
- What are the key parts of a social media campaign plan and how can this plan be best used to design an effective campaign?
- What are the best practices for performing social media marketing on Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn?
- What are examples of best-of-class social media campaigns?
Who should attend
Managers and executives who are involved in or wish to develop a solid understanding of digital marketing.
Trust the experts
Adjunct Associate Professor Dr. Pliniussen is the resident expert in Digital Marketing, Creativity, and Social Media at Smith School of Business. Currently, he is Canada''s most-quoted expert on internet marketing & digital trends in the national media. Some of his sales-related research ...