Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for anyone who wants to develop their skills and confidence in designing and developing effective digital learning content.
This course is recommended for:
- Experienced learning and development professionals looking to enhance their digital skills
- People who have recently joined learning and development
- Digital content developers looking to increase their knowledge of learning design and learn best practices
- Subject experts who are responsible for creating learning content
- People who don’t develop digital content themselves, but who manage people that do
- People who want to better manage their relationship with external suppliers by gaining a deeper understanding of how digital learning content is developed
- Anyone who is considering digital learning content at a strategic level may benefit from the increased understanding this workshop delivers. However, it is important to note that it does not explicitly consider the strategic implications associated with digital learning content.
Please note: This course is not suitable for someone who specifically want to develop depth of knowledge in the functionality of a specific tool.
About the course
Gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the creation of digital learning content, including how to effectively analyse, design and develop digital learning initiatives.
The Digital Learning Design programme is designed and developed by one of the UK’s leading learning and development specialists Clive Shepherd.
We're experiencing continuous change in the way we learn and consume information with traditional media becoming fast outdated and digital approaches becoming more effective and inclusive.
The Digital Learning Design programme from CIPD Training will give you both the competence and confidence to create your own engaging digital learning content.
Regardless of your organisation’s learning strategy, digital learning content, in all its forms – including web pages, videos, animations, podcasts, PDFs, quizzes, slides and interactive scenarios to name a few will continue to play an ever-increasing role. In the classroom, on the job, on the move or at home.
The workshop duration is five-days with an optional digital learning design project that must be submitted 8 weeks after the workshop. This will be reviewed by the facilitator.
Please note it is your responsibility to attend all elements of the programme. There are no refunds, discounts or transfers available for non-attendance or submissions.
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- analyse learning requirements, audience characteristics and select the most appropriate forms of content and consider logistical constraints.
- construct a clear, logical and concise proposal to make the case for digital learning content
- establish a design and development process to deliver the content and work with subject matter experts
- demonstrate the skills needed to create various forms of digital learning content.
This course will cover:
The process of analysis:
- determining the business need and learning requirements
- analysing the characteristics of the target audience
- determining logistical constraints
- determining where digital learning content can play a valuable role
- selecting the most appropriate forms of content
- identifying the right strategy to meet the learning requirements
The process of design and development:
- Determining roles and adopting the most appropriate process
The media elements (text, audio, still images, animation, video): when to use these and in which combinations.
Using interactivity: when and why; the forms of interactivity (selecting, supplying, organising, exploring) and when these are appropriate; inductive and instructional approaches to the use of interactivity.
Working with subject-matter experts.
Universal principles of learning design.
Content formats (native documents, HTML, PDF, video, audio, apps, etc.) and their applications.
Writing for the screen and for voice.
How to create slide shows, podcasts, animations, simple videos, tutorials, scenarios, e-assessments and job aids.
The Digital Learning Design programme was written, developed and is delivered by one of the UK’s leading learning and development specialists.
A real workshop
You will not be spend all your time exploring theory. This programme is highly practical to ensure you gain the confidence you need to further your learning independently.
Network with like-minded professionals from diverse backgrounds
This programme provides you with a unique opportunity to meet and share your experiences with like-minded professionals from a variety of organisations, helping you to develop ideas and solutions that you can use back at work.
Be inspired and enhance learning
Your learning will be enhanced through presentations and in-depth discussions, along with demonstrations of the skills and tools you’ll need.
Practical and applicable
For your learning to work, it has to be relevant to your workplace. That’s why our programmes focus on providing you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply your learning back at work straight away. You’ll explore your own needs and issues, as well as share experiences, challenges and insights with other participants and your specialist tutor.
Barry is a consultant, trainer and facilitator, helping organisations to make better choices about how they design and deliver learning - particularly if it involves technology. His work focuses on how to make the best use of technology to support learning, communication and performance in the wo...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.