Who should attend
You are an individual or a team involved in navigating digital transformation in your organization and want to know more about digital opportunities and threats.
About the course
- Drive disruption in your industry,
- Identify changes in the business environment and take advantage of them
- Analyze and overcome obstacles to rapid execution
- Create a successful digital transformation plan for your organization
Respond to digital disruption with this personalized online program
Disruptive digital technology is reshaping almost every industry, and you already understand the urgency for transformation. This Digital business online course helps you formulate a successful, innovative strategy for what to do next.
You analyze opportunities and threats, and design defensive and offensive strategies to bring your business a competitive advantage based on several digital disruption examples. You learn how to digitize existing business models, products and value chains. This Digital Disruption online training will make you digitally agile, ensuring you play a key role in navigating your business through digital change.
You'll walk away with practical frameworks and tools, informed by the latest research, to deal head-on with real-world disruption and drive organizational transformation effectively.
Digital Disruption - your learning journey
Unit 1: The dynamics of digital disruption
- Examine the state of digital disruption and the threat it is posing to traditional companies, across markets and industries.
- Consider our framework for digital business transformation with specific reference to how self-driving cars are impacting the automotive industry.
Unit 2: How disruptors disrupt
- Learn about the three value drivers of competitive differentiation in a digital world and discover the 15 disruptive business models that flow from them.
- Study the concepts of combinatorial disruption, value vacancies, and value vampires and apply them in your industry.
Unit 3: The digital disruption response playbook
- Understand more about digital business ability and its three key elements by examining how Gillette is being disrupted by Dollar Shave Club.
- Apply this understanding to your own company to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
Unit 4: Digital business agility (DBA)
- Study different strategic approaches to responding to disruption or becoming a disruptor, all of which require the ability to move with speed, fluidity, and effectiveness.
- Learn to sense changes in the environment, analyze data effectively and execute rapidly so that you can scale or fail quickly, as needed.
Unit 5: Leading amid disruption
- Identify the best ways to lead amid disruption.
- Learn the key behaviors and understand the core competencies of successful leaders making a difference in turbulent times.
- Complete a self-assessment worksheet to reflect on your personal leadership competencies.
Unit 6: Digital strategy execution - the digitization orchestra
- Reflect on people challenges and solutions related to talent identification, attraction, education, and retention.
- Cover challenges to hyper-awareness and informed decision-making.
- Analyze how firms have used collective intelligence to think about challenges to fast execution.
Unit 7: Business models of the digital giants
- Observe how Google, Amazon, Facebook, Alibaba and Tencent scale up, thrive and make money.
- Expect many of your assumptions about this to be challenged.
- Consider which you would invest in and why.
Unit 8: Your digital business transformation
- Apply the digital business transformation framework to your company and create an agenda for change.
- Study how Kodak responded to digital transformation.
- Use what you have learned in the course to create a transformation plan for your organization.
How we are helping you
You will have a dedicated learning coach, making sure you receive a highly individualized learning experience.
Your designated Digital Disruption learning coach accompanies you through your 8-week learning journey. They provide support and feedback as you apply your learning straight away in the workplace, where it has an immediate impact.
Their input helps you translate your learning to your particular context. By spreading this feedback regularly throughout the program, you'll be sure to embed your ongoing learning directly in your daily work.
Your learning coach interacts with you via video, in writing and over the phone. You have calls, spread across the 8 weeks, at intervals that consolidate your learning.
Your learning coach helps you to:
- Define your learning objectives
- Review your progress on a weekly basis
- Overcome your challenges
- Translate what you learn to your own context
Michael R. Wade is a Professor of Innovation and Strategy at IMD and holds the Cisco Chair in Digital Business Transformation. He is the Director of the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation, an IMD and Cisco Initiative. Professor Wade has published works on a variety of topics, incl...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.