Who should attend
This programme is for managers with data-driven and digital analytics responsibilities from any department, discipline or industry:
- middle managers responsible for data-driven projects seeking to ‘speak the language’ of their data scientists and engineers
- senior managers aiming to gain the skills needed to use data strategically to influence business decisions and generate value, for example in the organisation’s online marketing activities
- managers in early-adopter departments looking for the latest scientific knowledge and practices in data analytics as well as implementation insights for creating new value streams.
About the course
Are you drowning in data? Do you feel your department is falling behind in collecting, analysing, and using data? Do you want to create new value streams for your organisation from internal and external data? If you need data management methods, tools and strategies to optimise performance and business intelligence, then this course is for you.
Develop a data-driven strategy
This three-day workshop provides you with the tools needed to manage the enormity of big data through analytics, and teaches you data management strategies to leverage value-adding opportunities, for example through online marketing. You will build a solid understanding of trends and developments, and learn methods to collect, analyse and manage data.
Our data analytics expert will teach you how to embed big data management practices in your organisation, and to develop a data-driven strategy for your department or organisation that monetizes or optimises data assets for growth and innovation. This programme covers a range of topics based on a strategic view of data management. Armed with the language of data scientists and engineers, you will learn how to critically assess and evaluate business intelligence such as data collection methods, digital analytics, and modelling processes.
With professional guidance from faculty as well as your peers, you will learn experimentation techniques that you can use immediately to identify big data opportunities in your department or organisation.
After this RSM Executive Education programme, you will be able to:
- recognise current trends and developments in big data
- critically evaluate data collection methods
- manage data analytics processes based on an understanding of predictive and prescriptive modelling as well as big data engineering tools
- identify and experiment with value-adding data opportunities in your organisation
- formulate and implement a data-driven strategy.
Assistant Professor at the Rotterdam School of Management from Erasmus University Rotterdam and Invited Researcher at the Heinz College from Carnegie Mellon University. Rodrigo's research focuses on the effects of information systems on organizations and on the impacts of social network structur...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.