Development of Leadership and Team Skills
The Development of Leadership and Team Skills programme focuses on adding value to the core business processes of an organisation by equipping managers with the necessary skills to be effective in an environment where teamwork is important. Participants are exposed to knowledge of and insight into individual behaviour in a team context and the functioning of task-oriented workgroups and intergroup activities.
What does it cover
Over the course of the programme, participants will be equipped to:
- discuss the behaviour of the individual in group situations
- explain their own behaviour and compare feedback from team members
- judge their own conflict management style and illustrate how to manage conflict in organisations
- manage change efficiently in organisations
Who should attend
Middle managers and supervisors who value teamwork as a means of achieving top-class workplace performance.
Creating High Performance Teams
Teams are at the heart of organisational life and their effectiveness strongly influences the success of the enterprise overall. Striving for, and achieving, high performance in teams has therefore become a major business imperative, but bringing together individuals into a group and making them a cohesive and productive team is far from straightforward. The mix of differing personalities, skills, motivations, career aspirations, and leadership styles of individuals, as well as the complexities of the task and the process, means that building and shaping high performance teams is fraught with difficulty.
We will explore the key elements of a high performance team, drawing on examples from corporations, not-for-profits, consultancies and sports teams, among others. We shall look at the major areas of team roles and responsibilities, team dynamics, and team outcomes. We will look at the different kinds of people required to make a high performance team and the important elements in ensuring the dynamics of the team bring high performance. Dealing with conflict in teams and how to cope with difficult team members will also feature in the sessions. The programme provides the opportunity for participants to hear the latest research on these topics from Cambridge University and to develop the implications of the work for their own organisations.
- The dynamics of high performance teams - what makes them good and what makes them difficult too
- Dealing with conflict and difficult team members
- High performance individuals and their preferences for teamwork
- Getting the most out of individual team members
- Team roles and responsibilities
- How to increase communication effectiveness in teams
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
Over the two days of this fast-paced and practical programme you will:
- Develop new perspectives on how to manage teams
- Explore the importance of high performance cultures
- Understand how the segmentation of employees affects team practices
- Develop an understanding of effective leadership in teams
Who should attend
Anyone responsible for managing or developing teams, to improve performance and organisational effectiveness.