Developing the Manager in You - Hong Kong
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Stephen M. Ross School of Business.Full disclaimer.
It is presented by Dr. Paula J. Caproni, whose energetic style and highly interactive activities result in total class involvement and greater learning.
This program focuses on current management perspectives and best practices, with a special emphasis on working more effectively with direct reports, peers, bosses, customers, and others who are critical to your success throughout your career.
Through self-assessments, simulations, video cases, and other engaging activities, you will learn a universal set of management skills that wil enhance your ability to achieve better business results regardless of your nationality, culture, or industry. You will also develop a personalized action plan for improving your managerial effectiveness so that you can implement what you learn as soon as you return to work.
The value of this workshop is best reflected in this comment from a recent participant:
- Discover how to successfully transition from an individual contributor to manager
- Learn how the best managers turn employees' talents into business resutlts
- Gain valuable managerial skills to use throughout your career
- Establish a productive relationship and leverage diversity
Understanding the Managerial Role
- Face the challenge of moving from individual contributor to manager
- Learn what the most effective managers do to bring out the best in their employees
- Understand the difference between managing and leading, and why both are important to your success
Developing Your Management Style
- Identify your management styles, strengths, and weaknesses
- Understand how people perceive you and the consequences of these perceptions
- Adapt your style so you can work well with people who have different styles
Getting Results Through People
- Learn to properly delegate to enhance motivation and results
- Build a productive relationship with your boss
- Create an effective network
- Communicate with impact
- Establish credibility
- Leverage diversity
- Use the six universal forms of influence
- Work constructively in teams
- Develop coping skills for managing stress
- Assess your change management style
- Develop your personal change plan
TAKEAWAYS & TOOLS
- Understand the characteristics that separate the most successful managers from the least successful managers
- Learn how to avoid pitfalls that can derail a managerial career
- Discover how to adapt your management style to meet the needs of any situation
- Improve your ability to create a work environment that brings out the best in your employees
- Gain a broader perspective that enables you to see organizational opportunities, problems, and solutions from multiple perspectives
- Create a strategy for lasting personal change that adds value to your organization and benefits your career
- Enjoy working with a group of talented managers from a variety of industries
Who should attend
Program delivery in Hong Kong is designed for individuals who have just made the transition to junior managers or will make that transition shortly. You will also receive a copy of Paula Caproni’s book, Management Skills for Everyday Life: The Practical Coach.