This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The ability to think strategically is key to contributing meaningfully to board discussions on strategy. It is the process by which directors rise above the day-to-day operational activity to gain different perspectives on the dynamics of the changing outside world and so be able to better position themselves to reach their business goals.
This two day course provides practical insight into the processes and techniques for strategic thinking and strategy custodianship at board level.
- A benchmark of your strategic thinking capability and a systematic process designed to allow better participation in the development of your business' strategic thinking process
- Real life case studies to test the thinking processes and tools proposed
- Outline of the techniques used for effective strategic thinking
- Start a personal development plan
Participation on this course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Recognise the importance of strategic thinking to board effectiveness
- Enhance your strategic thinking skills and identify areas for improvement
- Utilise a range of valuable strategic tools
- Understand why organisational strategies fail
- Apply strategic analysis to a live company case study
Trust the experts
Business experience Jean Pousson brings 20 years of management consultancy, training, facilitation and coaching experience to the table and is the lead course leader for Finance for Non-Financial Directors at the IoD. This follows a 15-year banking career with Barclays where he spent many years ...
Business experience Dr Simon Haslam has 20 years’ experience as a strategy consultant and change facilitator, working with senior leaders around the world. Simon is the IoD’s programme lead for strategy work and holds the IoD Certificate and Diploma in Company Direction. He is co-owner and direc...