Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Project Managers
- IT Professionals
About the course
Sensor systems are an innate part of IoT. They form the eyes, ears, nose and nerves of the smart network. Sensors have matured tremendously, improving from bulky, heavy and inaccurate peripherals, to now small, wireless and embedded electronics that are almost undetectable.
The three-day course is the first in the country to focus specifically on architectural design and optimisation of sensors network for smart applications and products and designed to equip both hardware and software engineers and professionals with a practical level of hardware design skills and thought process when taking on IoT-related projects.
This course will benefit professionals from almost any industry, ranging from transport to healthcare, manufacturing, education and even defence. Participants will gain theoretical knowledge, as well as engage in hands-on activities to reinforce their learning and newly acquired knowledge from the course.
This course is part of the Software Engineering & Design Series offered by NUS-ISS.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to design and integrate effective and efficient smart sensors system through (1) selection of appropriate sensors, (2) modification, fusion and customization of sensors systems, (3) performance evaluation and optimization of design and (4) energy management and harvesting
- Understand and be aware of future trends of smart sensors systems and novel systems implemented by examples from various industries
- Understand the security risks in IoT and how to address them
- Apply and build a simple smart solution using sensors for home and office automation
- Present and demonstrate relevant and practical use case solution that collects and respond intelligently to inputs or connected devices
What will be covered
- Introduction to sensors and systems in IoT
- Sensors systems design methodology
- Customisation and fusion of sensors
- Performance evaluation and optimisation of systems
- Data feed for monitoring, analysis and control
- Power management and energy harvesting
- Trends and the future of smart sensors for IoT
- Security in IoT
Lectures and workshops
Dr Matthew Chua, BEng, CSM, PMP, PhD, is currently a lecturer and principal investigator at the NUS Institute of System Science where he specializes in Medical & Cybernetics Systems. He is overseeing the research programme in Smart Healthcare, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Robotics. He...
Nicholas is currently an adjunct lecturer at the NUS Institute of System Science. Experienced in the mechanical engineering field, he specializes in state-of-the-art Industrial 4.0 technologies such as Cyber-Physical Systems (CPSs), Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) and ...
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Melbourne Master’s Degree in Computer Science & Information Systems, National University of Singapore Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Technology), Nanyang Technological Univ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.