Developing Positive Attitude & Habits at Workplace
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Most attempts to implement changes aimed at improvements fail because employees do not have the right attitude towards work. This is a common grouse raised by managers and HR professionals alike. This introductory program introduces participants to how positive attitude are developed and how they lead to high performance. The central theme of the program comprises key beliefs and assumptions necessary for developing positive attitude that steer organizations forward and help them implement business strategies through active participation of employees.
By the time the participants have completed this workshop, they will be able to recognize the key role culture plays in developing and maintaining positive attitude required for high performance organizations. They will also be given an opportunity to see how organizations have undergone transformations by focusing on shaping attitude and culture improvements and implementing targeted action plans aimed at improving overall culture of the organization.
By the end of the program, the participant should be able to:
- Define positive attitude and how it improves overall performance
- List key traits of a high performance organization culture
- Determine key requirements for improving attitude at the work place
- Develop action plans to improve overall organization culture
- Prepare for a culture assessment survey
- Explain the link between organization performance and corporate culture
- Identify ways and means of improving overall organization culture
- Seek buy in from senior management on the need for assessing and managing corporate culture
Participants in this intensive workshop will be introduced to how crucial it is to develop positive attitude and how such attitude are related to corporate culture. This will be based on a model that has been developed and has been found to be extremely useful in identifying key issues that limit organizations capability in developing positive attitude to work and using the model as a springboard for honest conversations and focused action aimed primarily at improving overall organizational performance through a change in attitude and overall culture of the workforce.
- What is meant by a "positive attitude" towards work
- How attitude are related to corporate culture
- Why culture matters in shaping employee attitude
- Origins and overview of the Denison Model
- Research linking positive attitude and culture to business performance
- Culture as a business issue
- Global benchmarks and results in percentiles
- Applications - Strategic Alignment, Turnaround and Transformation
- Attitude and Culture Change Process
- The Denison Organizational Culture Survey
- The supplementary Modules & Change Monitor
- Understanding the survey reports: Looking for data patterns and themes
- Culture Case Study Analysis
- From Data to Action
- Data analysis and interpretation
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone who has a responsibility for improving performance. It is excellent for HR professionals, line and functional managers, who have to work through people to show how to garner the necessary support needed for highlighting and addressing issues that affect the realization of business objectives.