Who should attend
Ideal for second-tier managers who need to develop communication, influencing, and networking skills critical to success in managing cross-functional resources. HR Professionals who need SHRM Recertification credits should also attend.
About the course
Learn key managerial competencies in planning, communication, decision making, and more in five full days of this highly interactive classroom experience complemented with online resources. Completion awards a Professional Certificate in Functional Management, 3.6 CEUs, and 35 SHRM PDCs.
Improve your ability to effectively:
- Manage employees and delegate tasks
- Communicate in the workplace
- Influence others and resolve conflict
- Provide productive feedback
- Make better business decisions
- Give more effective presentations
- Empower your employees and build a culture of success
This short course is carefully crafted with your success in mind. Applied projects and coaching ensures you can immediately apply lessons learned.
Effective Management Practices
- Traits and values of mid-level managers
- Techniques for performance management and feedback
- Foundations of best practices
- Delegation and models of leadership
- Business acumen
Improving Personal Effectiveness
- Effective communication and problem-solving
- Making decisions
Organizational Cultures and Change
- Diversity, culture, and inclusion
- Team empowerment
Value for You and Your Company
People leave managers, not companies. Strong middle managers provide measurable value to organizations by improving engagement, retention, and team cohesion. Learn how to engender loyalty and high performance in your team.
President, Appreciative Strategies, LLC. Dennis Gilbert is a proven leadership, generations, and change expert who has helped hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals and teams transition forward to achieve higher levels of business and organizational success. He is a five-time aut...
Owner Mindshift Consulting Mary Kay is a dynamic facilitator and she has helped many organizations both in the private and public sectors to achieve new levels of effectiveness and efficiency. She is a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (S.P.H.R.) and she is qualified in the Myers-...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.