Developing Middle Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Smeal College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Learn key managerial competencies in planning, communication, decision making, and more in five full days of this highly interactive classroom experience complemented with online resources. Completion awards a Professional Certificate in Functional Management, 3.6 CEUs, and 35 SHRM PDCs.
Improve your ability to effectively:
- Manage employees and delegate tasks
- Communicate in the workplace
- Influence others and resolve conflict
- Provide productive feedback
- Make better business decisions
- Give more effective presentations
- Empower your employees and build a culture of success
This short course is carefully crafted with your success in mind. Applied projects and coaching ensures you can immediately apply lessons learned.
Effective Management Practices
- Traits and values of mid-level managers
- Techniques for performance management and feedback
- Foundations of best practices
- Delegation and models of leadership
- Business acumen
Improving Personal Effectiveness
- Effective communication and problem-solving
- Making decisions
Organizational Cultures and Change
- Diversity, culture, and inclusion
- Team empowerment
Value for You and Your Company
People leave managers, not companies. Strong middle managers provide measurable value to organizations by improving engagement, retention, and team cohesion. Learn how to engender loyalty and high performance in your team.
Who should attend
Ideal for second-tier managers who need to develop communication, influencing, and networking skills critical to success in managing cross-functional resources. HR Professionals who need SHRM Recertification credits should also attend.