Who should attend
Managers at all levels who work with teams or projects:
- Experienced senior managers with little/no previous management development
- New managers transitioning from a technical or functional role.
About the course
The Developing Management Practice programme strengthens your practical management and leadership skills, empowering you to become a more confident manager.
- Develop practical management skills and vital personal skills such as time management
- Build self-awareness and self-confidence, and understand how to use your key strengths
- Discover how to manage change and performance effectively
- Understand how to manage your team successfully, and advance your own career as a result
Developing Management Practice is a practical programme designed to help you get measurable results from your team.
The course not only equips you with a host of valuable management skills, but also allows you to realise your own potential and move your career forward.
Taught in small, supportive cohorts, the programme combines psychometrics, workshops, group discussion and 1:1 coaching. It culminates in the creation of a strategic personal plan to record your actions and next steps.
Develop practical management skills to create high-performing teams
Learn how to delegate and manage both your time and energy
Gain self-confidence and clarity by understanding and utilising your strengths
Understand how to motivate others and identify individual motivators
Learn about change and how to manage others through the transition
Develop confident, self-aware and results-focused managers
Participants learn how to respond to complex management issues and understand the impact of both individual and team performance
Increase your employees' engagement by empowering them to manage their own development
Developing Management Practice is taught through a combination of action-learning workshops, group discussion and one-to-one coaching.
The programme runs for a total of five days and covers:
- Team performance and performance management
- Effective time management
- Conflict management
- Motivating individuals
- Change processes and managing others through change
- Building self-awareness
- Identifying and promoting your personal brand
- People and relationship management
Post-programme, you can benefit from ongoing contact with Henley Business School through:
- Access to resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Henley alumni status
Debbie runs her own business and is the Programme Director for Henley Business School’s Developing Management Practice programme designed for new or transitioning managers across all areas of business and industries. Her international working background spans a variety of market sectors both pub...
As an experienced Business Facilitator and Executive Coach, Denise's focus is in helping individuals to develop their personal effectiveness in managing themselves and their teams, through simple and effective ways. Throughout her career she has developed a diverse, global client base spanning m...
Ian has over 30 years’ experience in the Human Resources profession working with FTSE 100 companies through to small entrepreneurial organisations both in the private and public sectors. Ian has over 30 years’ experience in the Human Resources profession working with FTSE 100 companies through...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.