Who should attend
This program is designed for chief pilots and executives with aviation department responsibilities who want to maximize their impact across their organizations. It's especially helpful for leaders who want to grow beyond "one-size-fits-all" management skills and develop the competitive insights and habits to flourish in their industry.
About the course
Uncover the skills that set powerful leaders apart, the solutions to traditional and emerging challenges unique to aviation and the strategies to execute long-lasting growth and evolution in your business.
Discover solutions to traditional and emerging challenges unique to aviation, strategies to execute long-lasting growth and evolution in your business, and the qualities that set powerful leaders apart.
- Manage changing international regulations, safety concerns and expanding operations.
- Facilitate communication between aviation experts, management and the teams that support them.
- Design effective, flexible organizational structures for your flight department.
As part of Darden's trio of aviation-centered programs, this course provides corporate aviation leaders like you invaluable opportunities to:
- Study success stories from your field to discover real-life solutions to industry challenges and the principles of powerful leadership.
- Analyze and improve operational systems and cross-functional performance.
- Develop your customized growth plan to advance your career as you steer a more adept and profitable business.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Integrate your aviation-specific development strategy with corporate objectives and long-term goals.
- Employ leadership best practices for more efficient and profitable operations.
- Settle cross-functional conflict and move disparate groups toward a shared vision.
- Inspire and encourage growth among members of your organization's flight department.
Education: B.S., MBA, East Carolina University; Ph.D., Purdue University Robert Carraway teaches Quantitative Analysis courses in Darden's MBA program. Carraway has co-written a quantitative analysis case book as well as a number of papers and Darden cases on the topic. Carraway joined the Darde...
Sean Martin is an associate professor at University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business. His research addresses how organizational and societal contexts affect the leader-follower dynamic. His research appears in top academic journals including Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Manage...
Education: B.S., Tufts University ; Ed.M., Harvard University; MBA, D.B.A., Boston University Associate Professor Isabella teaches courses in organizational behavior, leadership and change, and team interaction at the University of Virginia Darden School''s MBA, Global Executive MBA, MBA for Exe...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.