Developing an Employee Engagement Strategy
CIPD research shows that engaged employees perform better than others. They experience increased job satisfaction and more positive attitudes and emotions towards their work, benefitting both individual and employer. Developing an Employee Engagement Strategy provides the tools and techniques to develop and communicate an employee engagement strategy in your organisation.
By the end of the Developing an Employee Engagement Strategy course you will be able to:
- Evaluate the different approaches to employee engagement, taking into account your own organisation’s brand, values, culture and goals
- develop an employee engagement strategy for your own organisation
- identify key stakeholders vital to the successful implementation of an employee engagement strategy
- describe how to clearly communicate your employee engagement strategy
- understand relevant case studies.
Attract, Train and Retain the People that Best Fit Your Work Culture. At Disney Institute, we feel there are 4 crucial components in a work culture: hiring, training, communication and care. They are all interconnected and vital to a culture of engaged employees performing at their best.
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts has long maintained a tradition of creating magical, memorable experiences. The key to this heritage is how we always work to attract, develop and retain employees dedicated to this vision. We recognize that an organization must design processes that purposely reinforce a desired culture in order to ensure consistently high-performing employees.
Sharing insights of how selection, training and engagement are enhanced through communication to employees are just a couple ways we can help you improve your culture, and in return, your business outcome.
Learn How To:
- Adapt Disney business insights to assess and improve your organizational culture
- Shape your work culture based on desired employee behaviors and select people who are a right fit
- Use training strategies that ensure employees are confident in their roles
- Improve communication, empower employees and strengthen morale
- Create a supportive environment through genuine care and recognition programs
Who Can Benefit:
- Shape a confident, highly productive and dedicated workforce
- Be an agent of change and take action to holistically improve your company culture
- Discover insights into hiring the "right fit" employees
- Develop staff morale, cohesion and communication
- Influence your organization's recruitment practices in finding the candidates who fit your team
- Bring back strategies and techniques that can help improve your group's work culture
Foster Organizational Culture Your people make all the difference. Walt Disney Parks & Resorts has a long heritage with rich traditions, high-quality standards and shared values. These are the pillars upon which our culture is built. Through purposely paying attention to the details, we've cultivated a culture that's distinctively Disney, which distinguishes us in the marketplace. In this course, you'll learn how your work culture can impact your organization—both positively and negatively.
Select Right-Fit Talent Attitude outweighs aptitude. When hiring, we consider a candidate's attitude, not just skills alone, ensuring we can match the right person to the right role. That is how we answer the needs of both our customers and employees. This course will help you think about your selection process in new ways to find the "right-fit" people for your workplace culture.
Train the Culture Training instills confidence. Disney develops skills in our Cast Members (employees), while bringing organizational goals to life, increasing productivity and efficiency. Learn what our training process is like and see how it can be adapted to your organization.
Communicate to Inform & Inspire At Disney, we carefully craft our messages, communicating with intent to our Cast Members so they understand their actions have an effect on the Disney legacy. Learn how to engage your employees through active listening and influence your company culture—from your newest hires to those longest in tenure.
Create a Caring Environment Gratitude improves attitude. At Disney, we recognize accomplishments, ask Cast Members to support customer service strategies and nurture a workplace culture that encourages everyone to reach shared goals. Learn how genuine care and meaningful recognition can positively impact your employees, customers and organization as a whole.
Who should attend
Disney insights and illustrations are beneficial to professionals, and specifically those with direct reports, looking to improve how they select, train, and engage employees. Individuals interested in shaping a confident, highly productive, and dedicated workforce will find this course valuable.