Developing a Reward Strategy
This two-day Developing a Reward Strategy course provides a practical introduction to the process of reward strategy development through action planning, case studies and group discussions. You'll gain the skills, theory and specialist knowledge needed to implement effective reward strategies, and associated processes, to build on your organisation’s success. As part of the programme you'll build the first steps to develop the reward strategy for your organisation.
This course can make a huge difference to you and your organisation in a number of ways. You'll learn to improve employee and organisational performance with a competitive reward strategy to gain maximum return from your reward investment.
Developing Strategy for Value Creation
Learn how to apply the fundamentals of strategy, and gain skills for immediate and lasting impact with our three-step approach.
Benefits for you
- Work with experienced faculty to identify and tackle a strategic challenge that your organisation is currently facing.
- Use market challenges and opportunities to surmount your organisation’s biggest barriers to success.
- Identify your own personal strategic challenge and use the diverse experience of your peers to help solve it.
- Master the strategic skills to identify, create, retain and renew sources of competitive advantage.
- Implement a new range of strategy tools and frameworks and have a real impact back at work.
- Identify the key capabilities and skills needed to deliver strategic objectives.
- Benefit from our diverse learning environment to broaden your understanding of different strategic approaches.
- Our faculty carefully hand select each group for the strategic challenge to ensure you are among peers who can add value, based on your organisational context.
Benefits for your organisation
Gain a manager who can:
- Generate practical solutions to strategic challenges, and create sustainable competitive advantage for the future.
- Deepen your organisation’s skill set in business strategy, and understand the drivers behind competitive advantage.
- Drive an immediate return on investment by leveraging the bespoke action plan created on the programme, supported by faculty expertise.
What you learn
- Get the tools What makes a good strategy? Use frameworks and tools to analyse situations and decisions. Define your own strategy and explore how to communicate it to those who implement it.
- Break the rules Know the common obstacles organisations face when trying to improve strategy and how to avoid them. Take your strategy further by breaking the traditional rules and exploring innovative ways to address your business challenge.
- Make a difference Examine how to take strategy further by innovating and maintaining advantage in a rapidly shifting environment. Rethink your value propositions, identify unmet customer needs, and restructure business models to add value.
How you learn
- Explore a framework of key themes – enabling creativity; analysing reality; creating value; managing complexity; and capturing value – empowering you to make better strategic decisions.
- Identify the issues surrounding your business challenge and use your new skills to build a bespoke action plan you can implement back at work.
- Work on international case studies: examine companies, consider their strategy, analyse their actions, and understand what works, what doesn’t, and why.
- Build skills and confidence in applying strategy in pressured environments.
Your learning experience
- Work with faculty throughout your learning journey to tackle a strategic challenge your business is facing.
- Learn from influential academics with real-world experience.
- Explore new ways of looking at business problems, and creative ways to solve them by collaborating with ambitious, international peers.
Who should attend
- Entrepreneurs, senior executives and functional managers responsible for strategy.
- Business professionals working in strategy teams, including consultants and analysts.