Developing a Digital Marketing Plan
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with David Eccles School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Get maximum return on investment from your organization’s digital marketing spend through this comprehensive review of digital marketing channels and how to create the appropriate blends to meet your marketing goals. Armed with the knowledge of how and where to target your digital marketing dollars, you will be able to make data-informed decisions about which channels will work best for your business model and what to expect from your campaign.
Today’s consumer has the power of a complex computer in their pocket and vast amounts of information available in just moments. “Push” style advertising is becoming less and less effective because consumers can fact-check and research faster than ever. Search engines, email marketing, display advertising and social media are all new options for businesses to connect with customers. No digital marketing channel is a complete solution for any goal, but very few people understand the appropriate mix of channels needed to achieve their business’ goals, and each has its own set of opportunities and challenges.
This 20-hour course covers the five major channels that are common and accessible to businesses of all sizes. The course relates these five channels to the consumer buying process, and covers the unique capabilities of each, including which parts of the buying process can be accessed with each channel. We will also discuss a two-phase approach to marketing and advertising that has been proven to work for thousands of companies.
In this program you will:
- Gain fundamental knowledge of five major digital marketing and advertising channels, including organic and paid search, display advertising, email marketing, referral marketing, and content marketing.
- Learn how to combine appropriate channels to achieve specific marketing conversion goals.
- Determine how to use your time and budget for digital marketing most effectively.
- Gain skills to develop success strategies for existing businesses and entrepreneurial ventures.
- The consumer buying process and developing a marketing plan
- How channels influence customers
- Organic and paid search marketing
- Social media and referral marketing
- Display ads
- Dialogue marketing
Who should attend
- Anyone in a marketing role within an organization
- Anyone in a leadership capacity involved in marketing decisions
- Small- to medium-sized business owners
- Inventors and start-up entrepreneurs