Who should attend
The course in Developing a Creative Mindset is designed for:
- The aspiring leader, first-time supervisor and/or junior manager who desires to develop their own creative mindset and inspire a creative mindset within their team
- Mid-level managers who understand the business at an operational level and seek to gain a competitive advantage by fostering strategic creativity within their teams
- Strategic decision makers who see uncertainty and change as opportunities for creative problem solving and innovation
About the course
Creativity is the heart of every transformational, visionary leader. Any single individual is capable of transformative creativity. However, creativity is at its most powerful when it is cultivated as a group, resulting in innovative teams and high-performing organizations.
This course on Developing a Creative Mindset will provide the tools, tactics and insights you need to develop your strategic creativity as an individual, as the leader of a team and as a valued contributor to your organization.
Over the four weeks of the course, you will establish an objective, foundational view of decision making and its importance in business, better understand yourself as a creative decision maker and explore specific decision-making strategies and methods. In applying these strategies and methods, you’ll develop yourself to become more strategic and decisive in your role, cultivate techniques to capitalize on the competitive advantages of a creative mindset within your industry and utilize tactics to maintain this creative mindset (and competitive edge) as your team and organization grow.
What You’ll Learn
Strategic Decision Making
- Understand how individuals make decisions
- Recognize key biases that affect individuals’ decision making
- Adapt specialized decision-making models and tools to develop a decision-making framework
- Formulate strategic roles and goals that inform and align with your strategic decision-making process
Your Role as a Creative Decision Maker
- Understand your own individual approach to problem solving and how you apply it in your current role
- Gain techniques for overcoming personal biases and thinking more strategically
- Recognize your motivators as a creative decision maker
Cultivating a Creative Team
- Explore methodologies for cultivating creativity, both as an individual and as a team
- Adapt and apply the best methodologies for creating an agile, high-performing team
- How to best approach and solve problems as a team
- Recognize the motivators for your team and how to leverage them
Creativity in Business
- Understand the competitive business advantages of cultivating a creative mindset within your team and your organization as a whole
- Gain practical techniques and tools for building and planning creative business strategies
- Examine case studies of top-performing creative organizations
- How to maintain and continuously develop a creative mindset to build a team and organizational culture of creativity and innovation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.