This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Individual learning capability. Organizational culture. Learning and change practitioners need a deeper, integrated understanding of both to foster a learning culture that improves performance. In Designing for Learning in Organizations you will explore case studies, research in the social sciences, and your own experiences to examine what it means to build a learning culture – and how it can improve personal and organizational performance.
What Questions Will We Answer
- What does it mean to learn as an individual and how does this understanding link to improved workplace performance?
- What are specific ways to foster exploration and innovation into the flow of work?
- What can we do to promote an organizational culture where individuals speak up about important issues, learn from failure, and can see the “Big Picture” of their work?
- What are the leadership challenges associated with building a learning culture?
Benefits and Outcomes
- Understand the science of learning and performance.
- Understand frameworks to understand expertise and how it is developed.
- Learn key tools and mechanisms to support learning and development.
- Understand the social norms needed to support learning in organizations and how your organization can foster these norms.
- Design a specific learning intervention to improve individual or organizational performance.
Who should attend
- Executives and senior leadership team members in organizations of all types.
- Senior managers or team leaders who are responsible for organizational learning and change.
- Experienced designers and consultants who want to help facilitate organizational learning and transformation.
Trust the experts
Over the last decade, Ryan has researched, taught, and published in the areas of learning and new executives, decision-making, innovation, and organizational learning. He is the author of Organizational Learning and Performance: The Science and Practice of Building a Learning Culture (Oxford Univ...