Designing & Delivering Effective Technical Presentations
This course is specifically designed for people who have to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Participants will learn how to make information come alive, and to deliver dynamic, persuasive presentations with ease.
At the end of the Effective Technical Presentation Skills course, participants should be able to quickly organize and present technical facts, ideas and recommendations to other technical professionals, non-technical managers and decision-makers in a clear, convincing, and understandable way.
- How technical presentations are different from other kinds of presentations.
- The three essential components of a presentation.
- Audience analysis and why this is a necessary step in a presentation.
- Organize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Create attention grabbing introductions and build instant rapport.
- Make your presentation flow with smooth and logical transitions.
- End on a memorable note with captivating conclusions.
- Avoid 'tech terror' by translating technical jargon into non-technical language.
- Avoid 'information overload' by limiting dry and boring statistics.
- How to explain technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Learn how to use stories and analogies to make technical information familiar and relevant.
- Techniques to sell ideas and persuade listeners to take action
- Techniques for varying vocal tones and body language.
- How to design and use graphics effectively to display technical information.
- Methods for overcoming fear and controlling nervousness.
- Respond to questions confidently, smoothly and appropriately.
Who should attend
Technical professionals. Technical professionals who need to convey important ideas and information.