Who should attend
The program is designed specifically to the needs and interests of stakeholders involved in apprenticeship training and education funds in both the United States and Canada:
- Training Directors/Coordinators
- Instructors/Instructional Designers
- Educators from Community and Technical Colleges
- Trustees/Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) members who work with curriculum
This program may be of special interest to small or medium sized training funds with limited resources who are seeking a do-it-yourself approach to upgrading their curriculum.
About the course
This new program is a three day hands-on workshop that will help seasoned and new professionals improve the development, delivery, and evaluation of learning by providing a proven process to incorporate into their apprenticeship program. Upon completion, participants will understand and be able to apply a systematic approach—based on the DACUM (Developing a Curriculum) Model—to deliver a more impactful apprenticeship program.
- The New Workforce and Skills Gap
- Challenges Facing Apprenticeship Programs
- Systems and Change
- Human Performance Gaps
- Why Traditional Training Often Fails
- DACUM Rationale and History
- Occupational Analysis
- Skill Sequencing and Structuring
- Basics of Adult Learning Theory
- Learning Module Development
- Selecting and Developing Learning Materials
- On-the-Job Skill Development and Certification
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how to improve apprenticeship program performance with greater learner efficiency, effectiveness, and engagement
- Gain a foundation in analysis to ensure your training initiatives are aligned and have the impact you and your program expect
- Collect data from subject matter experts to identify competencies and skills that will enable the achievement of program goals
- Build a curriculum road map that will prepare your program for success today and in the future.
Frequently Taught Courses OPD 4825 - Ethical Behavior in Organizations OPD 4835 - Supervision in Organizations OPD 4845 - Improvement in Organizations TEC 5213 - Work Performance Technology TEC 5443 - Assessment & Evaluation Education Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Illinois. D...
Dr. Luke Steinke is a Professor in the Lumpkin College of Business & Technology at Eastern Illinois University. Dr. Steinke holds a PhD in Workforce Education and Development from Southern Illinois University, a Master's degree in Training, Development, and Performance Improvement and a Bache...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.