Who should attend
- Who manage a team within a function or on cross-functional projects and want to improve performance through customer-focused solutions
- Who are new to the design-thinking process and seek to introduce innovation to their team or across their organisation
- Managers seeking to enhance individual, team and organisational performance by building innovation capability
About the course
Understand customer behaviour and embrace human-centred innovation using tools from the world of design.
Learn how to encourage innovation in your team and align your business with customer needs and behaviours. Our Design Thinking for Managers course will teach you how to draw on the best tools from the design industry to gain consumer insights and drive problem-solving.
The hands-on program will help you overcome internal barriers to creativity and inspire creative confidence in others, with the goal of enhancing individual, team and organisational performance through innovation capability.
See the world as your customers do
- Connect the need to innovate with the needs of your customers
- Learn how to test innovative ideas on sample customers
Build creative confidence
- Develop the mindsets and behaviours needed to address changing customer needs and wants with confidence
Create a design-thinking workplace
- Support individuals and teams to become design-thinkers across your organisation
Creating versus innovating
Understand the difference between unleashing creatively and putting new ideas into practice
Mindsets and behaviours
Overcome barriers to thinking creatively and build confidence in others to produce and apply customer-friendly ideas
Design thinking challenge
Develop design-thinking skills through a group innovation challenge that teaches key terms and concepts and tests solutions on customers
Design thinking at work
Learn how to build creative confidence in teams and create a responsive, client-centric and future-focused organisation
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.