About the course
This one-day program for executive management provides participants with an overview of the Design Thinking process. At the end of this program, the executives will be able to task their management team with an opportunity or challenge to work on in the two-day program, Design Thinking: Problem Solving System.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, you will:
- Have an executive level understanding of the Stanford D-School Design Thinking process used to solve problems
- Determine how to use the Design Thinking process to solve a plaguing problem or maximize an opportunity within your organization
- Identify an “interesting” human problem within your organization such as lack of performance, lack of interdepartmental participation in execution, or a decrease in customer purchases
- Define and communicate the problem to be solved within your organization
Session Kick Off Introduction to Innovation
- Sample Problem Case Study
- Mini Report-Out
- Output: Understanding the Process
Identify Problem, Observe, and Empathize
- Output: Customer Profile
Define and Ideate
- Output: Value map
Prototype, Test, and Share
- Output: Feedback
Refine and Plan
- Output: Business Model
Share and Close
- Output: Final Presentations – Full Business Model
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.