Who should attend
C-suite executives, managers and business owners (especially startups) who are responsible for innovation, new products or services, and transformation; leaders who would like to improve their abilities to achieve well-thought-out solutions.
About the course
What is design thinking? How to uncover the creative opportunities, goals and constraints are important to executives, business owners and startups. Design thinking and entrepreneurial mindset help leaders to cultivate new ideas, generate impactful and desirable solutions in order to stay relevant to the changing market for success.
The design methodology is arguably even more applicable to startups or if you are starting a new project within a large and mature corporation, where both time and resources are limited. It gets even more complicated if there are cultural and human factor constraints. In this program, we seek to look at design thinking with a more humanistic approach, especially in the region, with real life applications.
From concept to practice, participants should gain practical knowledge –
- How to develop entrepreneurial mindset in order to match the needs and create customer value and opportunities
- Address the challenges in the process of design thinking and the ways to overcome them
- Understand the design thinking process, its lessons learned, mistakes made, and ratifications taken, with real life examples of startups
Through this program, you will learn the followings:
- The fundamentals of the Design Thinking process and entrepreneurial mindset
- Detailed and pragmatic methodological approach to achieve best results
- Real life examples of startups and their experiences
- The ways to innovate from within an organization or company
- Application of the Design Thinking process in your own business case
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of participation issued by HKUST Business School.
Principle of a Design Thinking Process
Paradigm Shift Necessitated by New Digital Transformation
Use of Data and Artificial Intelligence for Better Insights
Developing and Maintaining KPI's:
- How to measure success?
- What to do when facing obstacles?
Using Design Thinking and Tools in Your Organization - whether you are a Startup and or a more Established Enterprise/Company
Academic qualification PhD 2009 New York University, Information System M.Sc. 2002 Northeastern University, Computer Science B.Sc. 1999 Northeastern University, Computer Science ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Associate Professor, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2017-pres...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.