Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- Any manager who has already experienced the impact of design thinking and aims to get a deeper and broader understanding of process, tools and mindsets.
- Decision makers and innovation catalysts in organisations searching for creative solutions to complex challenges.
About the course
Boost your design thinking skill set
Improve your design thinking competencies and learn how to start design-led initiatives within your organisation.
This program builds on your fundamental design thinking knowledge, equipping you to lead through innovation and produce superior results for your organisation.
You will take away the ability to plan and deliver introductory design thinking workshops to others, magnifying the impact of your design thinking experience in the workplace.
- Learn from experts with extensive industry experience
- Learn how to run your own introductory design thinking workshop
- Apply advanced design thinking tools to real-world challenges
This hands-on, fast-paced course will challenge the way you think about, analyse and solve problems. You will gain confidence with the application of design thinking, and prepare to drive design-led change across your organisation.
You will learn to:
- Identify and select opportunities, challenges and barriers to DT implementation within your organisation
- Choose and develop a design challenge for your organisation, get management buy-in and choose the right team to drive it
- Develop, design and run an introductory DT workshop
What you'll learn
Pre-course: What works, what doesn’t?
- Come prepared with your own design thinking story. This will enable you to reflect on your personal experiences – consider it a design thinking kick-off project.
Day 1: Practice deep dive
- Apply advanced design thinking tools and methods to selected corporate challenges
- Practice and reflection on when, how and why these can be applied
- Problem reframing
- Avoiding the solution-mode fallacy
Day 2: Accelerate
- Run your own workshop
- Design thinking implementation: what we see in practice
- Design thinking workshop design: from overall flow to micro-timing
- Basic coaching and design thinking workshop facilitation skills
- Run intro to design thinking workshop
Day 3: Implement
- Starting a design thinking project within your own organisation
- Identifying fields of opportunity and barriers to an initial design thinking project
- How to overcome internal barriers
- Framing an internal design challenge
- Sharing and refining individual implementation plans
Lars Groeger is a Lecturer/Ass. Professor in Management at the Macquarie Graduate School of Management where he teaches Strategic Marketing Management, Consumer Behaviour and Design Thinking to MBA students and executives in Sydney and Hong Kong. MGSM’s MBA is ranked #1 in Australia (Financial Ti...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.