Design Thinking Accelerator
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Macquarie Graduate School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Boost your design thinking skill set
Improve your design thinking competencies and learn how to start design-led initiatives within your organisation.
This program builds on your fundamental design thinking knowledge, equipping you to lead through innovation and produce superior results for your organisation.
You will take away the ability to plan and deliver introductory design thinking workshops to others, magnifying the impact of your design thinking experience in the workplace.
Learn from experts with extensive industry experience
Learn how to run your own introductory design thinking workshop
Apply advanced design thinking tools to real-world challenges
This hands-on, fast-paced course will challenge the way you think about, analyse and solve problems. You will gain confidence with the application of design thinking, and prepare to drive design-led change across your organisation.
You will learn to:
- Identify and select opportunities, challenges and barriers to DT implementation within your organisation
- Choose and develop a design challenge for your organisation, get management buy-in and choose the right team to drive it
- Develop, design and run an introductory DT workshop
What you'll learn
Pre-course: What works, what doesn’t?
- Come prepared with your own design thinking story. This will enable you to reflect on your personal experiences – consider it a design thinking kick-off project.
Day 1: Practice deep dive
- Apply advanced design thinking tools and methods to selected corporate challenges
- Practice and reflection on when, how and why these can be applied
- Problem reframing
- Avoiding the solution-mode fallacy
Day 2: Accelerate
- Run your own workshop
- Design thinking implementation: what we see in practice
- Design thinking workshop design: from overall flow to micro-timing
- Basic coaching and design thinking workshop facilitation skills
- Run intro to design thinking workshop
Day 3: Implement
- Starting a design thinking project within your own organisation
- Identifying fields of opportunity and barriers to an initial design thinking project
- How to overcome internal barriers
- Framing an internal design challenge
- Sharing and refining individual implementation plans
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- Any manager who has already experienced the impact of design thinking and aims to get a deeper and broader understanding of process, tools and mindsets.
- Decision makers and innovation catalysts in organisations searching for creative solutions to complex challenges.