Design for Assembly
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cambridge Institute for Manufacturing.Full disclaimer.
Are you ready to make a step change in the efficiency of your assembly line? Good design can greatly simplify the process of manufacturing a product, resulting in significant reductions in cost and assembly time.
This course covers the IfM’s proven approach to improving product design to make production line assembly as easy as possible – dramatically increasing the number of units you can make and the speed with which you can make them. Bespoke courses delivered using this approach have resulted in assembly times being cut by more than half and generated significant increases in productivity and quality. The course is suitable whatever the scale of production or size of the products.
What you will learn
- Consider targets for improvement – what should you be aiming for?
- The principles of design for assembly
- Take apart a product and put it back together to see what works and what doesn’t by applying the principles
- How to identify potential product design problems and potential improvements that could be implemented
- Review of the assembly line process, considering key metrics such as the production rate, total work in involved, takt times etc
- How to benchmark against industry designs
- Decide on an action plan to incorporate a step-change in a product's change a product’s design and assembly process
- Assimilate knowledge of key design rules
Who should attend
- Design Managers
- Product Managers
- Production/Factory Managers