Who should attend
The program is ideal for individuals and teams wishing to advance their careers and organizations. Business analysts, data analysts, financial analysts, analytics managers, program or project managers, and other analytics leaders will be comfortable with the course content, pace, and challenge.
Although there are no pre-requisites, this course is best suited to those who have intermediate level experience in Excel. Power BI experience is not required.
About the course
Descriptive analytics is often considered the place to start when evaluating data and the historical insights needed to make effective business decisions. At first glance, descriptive data might appear as the least interesting part of the analytics ecosystem. Yet it forms the backbone of most analytics and, unlike machine learning and data science, most analysts, even those without quantitative backgrounds, intuitively understand descriptive results. Faculty will examine the synergies between data and the decisions we make, and by the end of the program, participants will comprehensively understand data collection and analysis, so the best data drives the best outcomes for your organization.
Faculty have designed this program for individuals and analytics teams to gain immediate and practical skills to solve pressing business problems and challenges. We will analyze a business case and use the tools of business analytics to immediately create value in any organization. This program will be offered virtually with all content delivered online.
This program is part one of a series of three open enrollment analyst-based programs leading to a Certificate in Analytics for Analysts. The 2nd program (Predictive Analytics) and 3rd program (Prescriptive Analytics and Optimization) will be offered over a period of three months to allow participants to earn their certificate quickly. This is a unique multi-day deep dive across the entire analytics ecosystem and culminates in a short Analytics Capstone Project. Please note: each program can be taken individually to gain critical knowledge and skills, or, combined as a certificate.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why descriptive analytics is the most important starting point in developing an analytics driven workplace.
- How to build a “level set” and common language in your organization around descriptive analytics.
- Understanding and application of data aggregation, extraction, analysis, visualization and data story telling as each relates to descriptive analytics.
- How to develop a framework for building descriptive analytics KPIs and communicating results effectively to both internal and external customers.
- How to quickly build descriptive analytics models so that you can extract actionable insights.
- How to influence leaders and decision makers at your organization by telling an impactful story around descriptive data.
Jordan Goldmeier is an internationally recognized analytics professional and data visualization expert, author and speaker. He is chief operations officer at Excel.TV, a Microsoft analytics training and consulting company. He is the author of Advanced Excel Essentials and Dashboards for Excel, an...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.