Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The primary audience of this course consists of Desktop Configuration Administrators. Desktop Configuration Administrators are responsible for deploying desktop operating systems, provisioning desktop computers, and deploying service packs and updates to these computers. The Desktop Configuration Administrator is also involved in setting the strategic direction for the desktop operating system and applications
About the course
This course provides IT Professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully deploy the Windows Vista Business operating system to desktops throughout their organization. This course is presented in the context of the deployment life cycle, which consists of planning for the deployment, building and customizing the deployment method, and then implementing the actual deployment. Participants are introduced to tools and guidance they can use throughout various stages of the deployment life cycle.
By the end of this program you will be able:
- Plan and perform effective preparation tasks for deploying Windows Vista.
- Describe how to use appropriate tools and methods to assess and minimize the risks associated with Windows Vista application compatibility.
- Identify and use the appropriate process and tools to migrate use state data.
- Identify and use appropriate tools and technologies for automating Windows Vista installation.
- Deploy Windows Vista using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008.
- Deploy the Windows Vista operating system using MDT 2008.
Preparing to Deploy Windows Vista Business Desktops
This module provides guidelines for an effective desktop deployment. This module also introduces tools and technologies used in the desktop deployment life cycle, and the process and team guidance provided by the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008. Finally, this module discusses how to plan Windows Vista deployments, in addition to volume activation options and troubleshooting methods.
- Overview of the Windows Vista Desktop Deployment Process
- Tools and Technologies Used in the Desktop Deployment Life Cycle
- Planning Windows Vista Deployments
- Introduction to Volume Activation
Assessing Windows Application Compatibility
This module describes the process for addressing common application compatibility issues experienced during a typical operating system deployment. This module also discusses how to use the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) to help inventory, analyze, and mitigate application compatibility issues.
- Resolving Application Compatibility Issues
- Introduction to the Application Compatibility Toolkit
Migrating User State
This module describes user state migration and how tools such as Windows Easy Transfer and the Microsoft Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT) can be used for various migration scenarios.
- Overview of the User State Migration Task
- Introduction to the User State Migration Tool 3.0
Automated Installation Technologies for the Windows Vista Operating System. This module describes the underlying architecture of the computer imaging system architecture, which is used to create and deploy a custom image of a Windows Vista desktop. Overview of the Windows Vista Installation Architecture Implementing a Windows Vista Imaging System Managing the Windows Preinstallation Environment
- Performing Imaging and Deployment Tasks Using Image X
- Deploying Windows Vista Using Windows Deployment Services
Deploying the Windows Vista Operating System Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit This module provides an overview of MDT 2008 deployment methods and focuses on the techniques that are used to build and deploy Windows Vista using MDT 2008 and the Lite Touch Installation scenario.
- Overview of MDT 2008 Deployment Methods
- Deploying Windows Vista Using a Lite Touch Scenario
Deploying the Windows Vista Operating System Using Zero Touch Installation
This module describes the necessary prerequisites and procedures for deploying the Windows Vista operating system by using a Zero Touch Installation methodology.
- Preparing the Deployment Environment for Zero Touch
- Deploying Zero Touch Using MDT 2008 and Configuration Manager 2007
Deploying the Windows Vista Operating System Challenge Scenario (Optional Module)
This module describes a typical scenario for deploying Windows Vista to an existing environment. Students will perform a Windows Vista deployment from the initial installation stage to completion using the tools and methods discussed throughout this course.
- Overview of the Windows Vista Deployment Challenge Lab
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.