About the course
Are you managing your people, processes, costs and revenues as effectively as you could be? Maximize your income by developing a patient-centric practice that applies best practices in business management and strategy. Designed and delivered by Sauder Business School professors and dental practitioners, and based on industry best practices, the concepts and skills presented in this certificate program will help you make smart business decisions.
- Identify your goals and evaluate business challenges and opportunities
- Understand industry trends as they affect your practice and dentistry
- Consider numerous ways to reduce your costs
- Appreciate all of the advantages and disadvantages of new technology
- Assess your own practice, and identify and measure Key Performance Indicators
- Determine what your practice is worth
- Interpret your Financial Statements to uncover hidden costs
- Evaluate cost structures and cash flow
- Broaden your understanding of effective leadership
- Build a culture that reflects your strategy and values
- Design an effective performance management and reward system
- Address one-on-one challenges; lead others to lead themselves
- Identify what drives efficiency in your practice
- Streamline your Service Operations
- Understand cost drivers in your service
- Design your operations to meet your strategy
- Understand what drives patient behavior and how patients evaluate your practice
- Identify problem areas in service delivery that frustrate both patients and staff
- Implement techniques to measure patient perceptions and satisfaction
- Improve service delivery to increase patient satisfaction and staff morale
In addition to formal classroom sessions, the program includes prominent guest speakers on topics such as Personal Wealth Management, Investment Strategies and other areas critical to personal and professional success.
Scott is a lecturer at the Sauder School of Business. He has been actively involved in professional accounting education for more than 30 years. He was the principal author for the CA School of Business in Western Canada between 2000 and 2010, and has won multiple awards for teaching excellence. ...
Research Interests Supply Chain Management Applied Game theory Inventory Management Selected Recent Publications "Stable Supplier Coalitions in Assembly Systems with Commodity Components". Co-authors: G. Sosic and C. Tong. Forthcoming in Operations Research. "Patient Prioritization in Emerge...
Daniel is the Edgar Kaiser Professor of Organizational Behaviour at the Sauder School of Business. He has taught executive programs in organizations across North and South America, Europe and Asia. His clients have included VanCity, Rocky Mountaineer and Glaxo. An active educator, he has won nume...
Aarm Dental Group was founded in 1985 by Dr. Jim Armstrong. Jim is a graduate of the dental school at the University of British Columbia. Jim is a fanatic about fishing, skiing, mountain biking and, of course, his family. Jim’s vision for Aarm was a group of like minded professionals who are dedi...
EDUCATION B.A.(hons.) University of Kent at Canterbury, England, 1970. Major: Quantitative Social Science Ph.D. Carnegie-Mellon University: H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management (formerly The School of Urban and Public Affairs), 1975. -Thesis: Simultaneous Equations Models of...
Academic Positions 2013 – Present Senior Instructor (Tenured), Marketing Division, University of British Columbia 2006 – 2013 Assistant Professor, Marketing Division, University of British Columbia 2004 – 2006 Assistant Professor, Marketing Division, University of South Carolina 2004 – 2006 Doct...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.