About the course
Explore the landscape of modern data science and learn how to apply the tools and frameworks in a practical setting. This seminar helps to build understanding and assessment capabilities in the use and application of modern data science techniques. We’ll also discuss how leaders can best leverage insights from data to make better decisions and optimize overall enterprise strategy.
- Framework for understanding modern data science, analytics and forecasting techniques
- Overview of some of the basic tools and how they are used, including data mining, simulation techniques, and artificial intelligence
- Strengthen ability to think probabilistically
- Better understand what kind of insights data analytics can (and can’t) reliably provide
- Critically analyze business opportunities to employ data techniques
- Improve decision-making enabled by appropriately applied data techniques
Samuel Chun is Assistant Dean of Executive Programs and Senior Lecturer of Management Practice at the Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis. Before joining Olin, he was an Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School from 1995-2000, where he ins...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.