Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals working in or interested in working in the demand planning space. Other individuals working in the supply chain can also benefit. Typical titles include supply chain managers, inventory planners, order management supervisors, demand planners, supply planners, forecast analysts, and forecasting managers.
About the course
An organization's success depends on the principles of effective supply and demand. Gain knowledge of the basics of demand planning and the role of demand planning within an organization’s overall supply chain. This fundamental course includes presentations of the key elements of demand planning, including its principles, tools and techniques, contemporary approaches, and metrics and roles. Discover the interaction between demand and order management, as well as how to effectively communicate and manage demand.
What You Will Learn
- Demand planning
- Demand and order management
- The role of e-commerce technologies
- Forecasting and inventory control
- Independent versus dependent demand
How You Will Benefit
- Explain the causes and impacts of variability or uncertainty.
- Discuss the basic types of forecasting techniques, such as reorder points, Economic Order Quantity, lead times, and technology uses.
- Discuss the key aspects of gaining demand consensus within an organization.
- Describe Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR), how it works, and its benefits.
- Discuss pull systems versus push systems.
- Explain the concept of demand shaping.
- INTRODUCTION TO DEMAND PLANNING
- INTERACTION BETWEEN DEMAND MANAGEMENT AND ORDER MANAGEMENT
- DEMAND PLANNING PRINCIPLES
- DEMAND PLANNING TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES
- COMMUNICATING AND MANAGING DEMAND
- CONTEMPORARY APPROACHES TO DEMAND PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.