Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Senior managers with a marketing remit who have some data fluency but need to improve and finesse their analytics-based thinking to increase the organisational impact of digital marketing
- Managers or consultants who work with or advise marketing teams and need to better understand digital marketing and analytics
Experience: minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial position
About the course
Enhance the value of your digital strategy through data-driven insight and decision-making
Take a deep dive to understand what really matters to your business from a global perspective, and develop a purposeful, strategic approach to delivering value
Senior managers in organisations across industries and geographies face increasingly challenging decisions around their digital investments as opportunities such as Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, and Voice become more accessible and more familiar to customers.
Which technologies should I invest in? Is now the right time? How do customers want to interact with us as an organisation? How do I communicate the value of these digital investments? How do I know if my investment is delivering value back to the business?
This programme provides senior managers with the foundational understanding needed to make decisions surrounding digital opportunities that enhance the experience of their customers and deliver increased value across the organisational value chain.
Driven by cutting-edge insights from the Oxford Future of Marketing Initiative and Melbourne Business School’s Centre for Business Analytics, the programme allows you to engage with the latest academic research supported by industry experts from some of the world’s leading organisations.
This collaborative approach will help you understand and lead effective digital transformation in your organisation from a global perspective, ultimately helping you to compete better in the market-place.
Day 1 - Foundations of digital marketing and analytics
- core principles and latest thinking
- digital disruption and transformation of marketing
- analytics based thinking and developing an 'Analytics mindset'
- current thinking on data privacy, ethics and security
Day 2 - Customers and their data
- data sources, collection and quality
- advances in data-driven customer insights
- mapping customer journeys
- applications to customer-related decisions
Day 3 - Advertising and media
- advances in data-driven advertising, including programmatic approaches
- search engine marketing
- social media marketing: advertising, content, and influencers
- media mix models, attribution models and marketing experiments (A/B testing)
Day 4 - Managing digital transformation and the future
- the future of digital marketing and analytics
- exploiting new digital technologies
- digital transformation of business
- develop a digital, data-driven marketing strategy
- deliver improved customer experiences and return on marketing investment
- gain exposure to digital analytics in the wider business environment
- enhance your ability to articulate the value of digital investments to your stakeholders
- understand the impact of digitisation on customer decision-making processes
To your organisation
- utilise customer data to increase return on investment across the organisational value chain
- confidently navigate the hype and excitement that surrounds new technologies
- enhanced use of data insights to improve customer interaction and engagement
- establish a culture of data-driven decision making
Professor Andrew Stephen is one of the world’s leading academic marketing experts, with a particular emphasis on issues that lie at the intersection of marketing and technology, such as how, when, and why marketers should use new digital media channels. He was recently ranked as one of the top-25...
Ujwal Kayande is the Associate Dean (Academic) and Professor of Marketing at Melbourne Business School. He is also Founding Director of the Centre for Business Analytics. He teaches marketing strategy and analytics on the MBA, Master of Business Analytics and Executive Education programs. Ujwal i...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.