This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Balancing the triple constraint of scope, schedule and cost often becomes the key to success in our projects. This course prepares you to face these competing forces by applying the knowledge and tools needed to manage scope expectations within realistic project schedules and budgets. Learn to proactively identify and deal with schedule and cost variances to ensure successful project delivery. Gain the skills to effectively integrate quality processes into your project management practices. Use quality tools and build quality into project plans and the end product. Learn the specifics processes of scope, schedule, cost and quality management knowledge areas as defined by the Project Management Institute in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (latest edition), the industry standard.
What You Will Learn
- Scope planning
- Quality planning
- Schedule development
- Scope monitoring
- Schedule and cost variances
- Quality processes integration
- Earned value analysis
How You Will Benefit
- Address the challenges of balancing scope expectations with schedule and budget allocations.
- Apply tools and techniques for establishing more realistic cost and schedule estimates.
- Manage and control expectations of project scope objectives.
- Build, analyze, and optimize a project schedule.
- Apply tools and techniques for identifying, acquiring, and managing project resources.
- Manage and control expectations for project scope objectives.
- Use earned value analysis (EVA) to evaluate project status.
- MANAGE OUR PROJECTS TO SUCCESS
- SCOPE PLANNING
- QUALITY PLANNING
- SCHEDULE PLANNING: ESTIMATING DURATIONS
- ESTABLISHING AN EFFECTIVE SCHEDULE
- COST ESTIMATING AND BUDGETING
- MANAGING THE TRIPLE CONSTRAINTS
- CONTROLLING AND MANAGING QUALITY
- TROUBLED PROJECTS
Who should attend
This course is designed for new and seasoned project managers, professionals preparing to transition into a new career in project management, business analysts working with project managers and project teams, technical team leaders, and managers.
Trust the experts
Dr. Jan Dillard, Ph.D., President and founder of Glenridge Consulting Group, is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over twenty-five years of experience in information technology, education and management. Her expertise includes managing enterprise-wide hardware and software de...
John Rahiya is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over twenty-five years of experience in developing high performing teams and teaching thousands of project managers globally. John’s project journey began at Equifax, Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia where he served in various leadersh...
Lynda Roberts is a Certified Project Management Professional with more than 20 years of experience, focuses on managing enterprise-wide hardware and software deployments, establishing project management and system development life-cycle methodologies in large IT organizations, establishing progra...