Delivering Scope on Time and Within Budget (The Triple Constraints)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Balancing the triple constraint of scope, schedule and cost often becomes the key to success in our projects. This course prepares you to face these competing forces by applying the knowledge and tools needed to manage scope expectations within realistic project schedules and budgets. Learn to proactively identify and deal with schedule and cost variances to ensure successful project delivery. Gain the skills to effectively integrate quality processes into your project management practices. Use quality tools and build quality into project plans and the end product. Learn the specifics processes of scope, schedule, cost and quality management knowledge areas as defined by the Project Management Institute in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (latest edition), the industry standard.
What You Will Learn
- Scope planning
- Quality planning
- Schedule development
- Scope monitoring
- Schedule and cost variances
- Quality processes integration
- Earned value analysis
How You Will Benefit
- Address the challenges of balancing scope expectations with schedule and budget allocations.
- Apply tools and techniques for establishing more realistic cost and schedule estimates.
- Manage and control expectations of project scope objectives.
- Build, analyze, and optimize a project schedule.
- Apply tools and techniques for identifying, acquiring, and managing project resources.
- Manage and control expectations for project scope objectives.
- Use earned value analysis (EVA) to evaluate project status.
- MANAGE OUR PROJECTS TO SUCCESS
- SCOPE PLANNING
- QUALITY PLANNING
- SCHEDULE PLANNING: ESTIMATING DURATIONS
- ESTABLISHING AN EFFECTIVE SCHEDULE
- COST ESTIMATING AND BUDGETING
- MANAGING THE TRIPLE CONSTRAINTS
- CONTROLLING AND MANAGING QUALITY
- TROUBLED PROJECTS
Who should attend
This course is designed for new and seasoned project managers, professionals preparing to transition into a new career in project management, business analysts working with project managers and project teams, technical team leaders, and managers.