Delivering on Digital
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
Successfully Implementing Digital Transformation Projects.
IT – a digital technology – is a fundamental element of any transformation initiative, yet the success rate of IT-enabled investments in most organizations is poor.
This program aims to help participants set up and run digital transformation investments in a way to optimize the value delivered, unique content for the program, which includes a proven methodology, is based on leading research conducted over the last 20 years.
A core feature of this methodology is the identification of expected benefits and the construction of a detailed plan of how those benefits will be realized. This plan is then used to guide actions throughout the project implementation and to review progress, both during the project and following its completion. A central element of the approach, which is central to the successful delivery of benefits, is the involvement of key stakeholders in the development and execution of this benefits-realization plan. These stakeholders are the business leaders, managers, and users who will be responsible for not only changing how they work and implement new digitized processes but also how they make effective use of the new systems, technology, and data. Indeed, for many of the organizations that have adopted this approach, they have significantly improved the success rate of their digital investments as well as the relationship between their business and IT staff. The program also explores building business cases, portfolio management and deciding on the right PMO.
- Gaining a clear understanding of how organizations can maximize returns from their digital investments
- Learning tools and techniques that allow the realization of real benefits
- Applying these tools and techniques to actual projects
- Leading digital transformation initiatives and aligning an organization’s portfolio of investments in digital with business objectives
- Mapping organizational changes against expected benefits, investment objectives, and business drivers
- Analyzing stakeholders to understand their position, and building strategies to increase buy-in
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles that can prevent the realization of expected business benefits
- Defining metrics and assigning responsibilities
- Building robust and realistic business cases
- Designing projects and programs to accommodate different types of digital investments
- Setting achievable benefits that can be actively managed and deciding between agile and waterfall approaches to implementation
- Lessons from the field: success and failure factors
Who should attend
The course is designed for project and program managers, for those working in PMOs, and for managers responsible for planning, justifying, and sponsoring IT-enabled change-projects.