Who should attend
- Individuals looking to develop or improve upon their delivery skills in order to influence their audience to take an action
- Applicable to all fields, industries, and roles
About the course
Most individuals fear giving a presentation. In fact, most people humorously state they would prefer to die that to get in front of an audience to deliver a speech or presentation. Yet, when the story is clear, convincing, and concise, two things happen: The presenter is given the clarity of mind to present with poise, and the delivery happens as if by “magic”.
Our ‘Delivering Memorable Presentations that Win Your Audience’ workshop will build upon your strengths and improve your weaknesses. It will provide you with the tools and techniques necessary to take hold of your audience’s mind from the beginning of the presentation, navigating them through the themes and ideas, never letting go, and then effectively conveying the “call to action”.
A presenter who is able to deliver an effective story will be perceived as in command and deserving of the audience’s confidence, respect, and attention.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify individual strengths and potential weaknesses as well as strategies to improve upon those weaknesses
- Demonstrate proper eye contact, gestures, animation, body language, stance, movement, breathing, volume, speech pace, etc
- Communicate with confidence and manage nervousness
- Define how the presenter wishes to be perceived by the audience
- Engage an audience by balancing verbal and non-verbal messages, making presentations clear and memorable
- Demonstrate proper use of visual aids
- Set ground rules for presentations
- Properly handle Q&A sessions and turn objections into support for the presentation
- Let highway signs be their guide
- Mitigating Fear
- Reducing self-consciousness and shifting focus to your audience
- Effectively using your body language and vocal variety to maintain interest
- Managing jitters
- How to maintain your energy throughout the presentation
Antonio Castillo is the founding and managing partner of Vigilant Training Group LLC., and an adjunct professor at Quinlan School of Business, Executive and Professional Education Center, Business Leadership Hub. With 25 plus years of experience in corporate learning development, his aptitude in ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.