About the course
This course provides the tools and techniques physician leaders need to promote good behavior, discourage unproductive habits and connect meaningfully with their people.
- The communication style preferences of most physicians
- A framework for delivering feedback
- Best practices for delivering both positive and negative feedback
- Speaking with body language
- Preparing for feedback meetings
This course can be taken as part of a reduced cost, three-course bundle when compared to individual retail pricing. If you are interested, please visit the Managing Physician Performance: Series page.
- Communicate through optimism instead of pessimism.
- Contrast your managerial role with your clinical role.
- Flex your communication style preferences based on each situation or audience.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.