Who should attend
Executives focused on helping their organizations embrace digital technologies, both operationally and strategically.
About the course
Without a doubt, information technology is one of the biggest disruptive forces confronting organizations and their leadership teams today. And it is not just large organizations but organizations of all sizes, including the public sector, that are being impacted by the inexorable advances in technology. Most businesses today are – or, at least, are becoming – digital businesses. It seems that no industry is immune to the realities in which business models, business processes, value propositions, customer experiences, products, services, and management practices have been, or are being, transformed by social media, mobile, analytics, big data, the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence, blockchain, and other digital technologies. It is therefore paramount that all organizations have a strategy that clearly maps out how the organization plans to leverage digital technologies, not just for competitive purposes but also to manage and run operations. But how do you go about building this strategy? What should such a strategy contain? How can you assess the disruptive impact of digital technologies? And who should be responsible for developing this strategy?
Key benefits: Profit from hands-on expertise
- Address the key questions of where, when, and how to invest in digital
- Gain a thorough understanding of the impact of digital technologies on organizations and the competition
- Establish a frame of reference for considering digital in a strategic context
- Learn a language to discuss opportunities and challenges
- Gain a toolset to aid in crafting a digital strategy
- Digitalization, digital transformation, and what it means to be digital
- How digital technologies are disrupting competition and redefining industries
- The enabling and shaping effects of technology and implications for strategy
- Unlocking business value from digital investments
- New business models, platforms, and ecosystems
- Distinguishing between different types of digital investments
- Innovating products, services, processes, and customer experiences with digital technologies
- Components of a digital strategy
- Tools, techniques, and approaches for building a digital strategy
- Actively managing the investment portfolio in digital industries
- Leading digital transformation
Professor Joe Peppard is Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan School of Management. He researches, teaches and consults in the domains of IT leadership, digital strategy and innovation, the execution of digital transformation programs, the creation of value from IT investments, and the role,...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.