Who should attend
You may want to simply know more about how AI impacts your life - from your phone alarm, to Siri, Google maps and more - or explore a career in this developing field.
You might be searching for the right tools to deliver an innovative new project or training your team through a digital transition. This course will take you through loads of different approaches and give you the pros and cons of various AI, so that you can harness the power of this impressive technology.
About the course
Decipher the level of heavy lifting artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and deep learning can do for your business. Discover a world of smarter data solutions so you can shift focus to what matters most. You'll explore key approaches in artificial intelligence (AI) and get hands-on with data science to drill down into deep learning models. Discover the approach to data to suit your needs.
About this course
Deep learning and Artificial Intelligence go hand in hand and have enabled many recent AI breakthroughs, such as driverless cars. In this course you’ll explore the differences between AI, machine learning and deep learning, how these technologies are currently being applied, and future possibilities. An introduction to different kinds of neural networks and their learning approaches will follow. You will learn about and do exercises in Google TensorFlow Playground, an interactive in-browser visualisation of neural networks. The course concludes on the topic of deep reinforcement learning, a related system that learns by trial and error.
- Introduction to AI, machine learning and deep learning
- Examples of how these technologies are being applied today
- Examples of where technologies are likely to go
- Introduction to neural networks
- Supervised vs. Unsupervised learning
- Regression, classification, and clustering algorithms
- Google TensorFlow Playground
- Convolution neural networks
- Recurrent neural networks
- Sequence to sequence translation
- Google TensorFlow Exercises
- Adversarial networks
- Deep reinforcement learning
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain some key machine learning fundamentals
- Understand how and why machine learning and deep learning tools are applied in industry
- Apply some of the tools available for tackling common machine learning problems
- Outline the various types of neural networks, their structure, and mechanics
- Outline reinforcement learning and how neural networks are used to transform reinforcement learning into deep reinforcement learning
As an Associate Professor and Director of Industry Analytics and Visualisation, and the creator of at Faculty of Engineering & IT's DataLounge initiative, I am constantly navigating between the demands of developing world-renowned machine learning research and finding practical applications i...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.