Decision-Making With Analytics
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Smith School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Queen's Strategic Analytics Program will show you how to deploy analytics in new and powerful ways. The program provides hands-on experience with the concepts, tools, and techniques that can help your organization to effectively implement strategic objectives at all levels. Online databases and powerful analytical tools have made complex analysis both economically feasible and timely. Learn from experts how to apply them yourself.
Become better at making informed decisions
Strategic analysis in support of major decisions and repetitive tasks like inventory control and resource allocation have been normal practice for managers for generations. New factors, including online databases and powerful analytical tools, have made complex analysis both economically feasible and timely.
Learn new approaches to analytics
- Increase your department's effectiveness and performance by using information you have available to you in new ways
- Build frameworks to measure and learn from your business - so you continue doing what works and stop doing what doesn't
- Network with a group of experienced managers from both the private and public sectors
Foster a culture of consistency and informed decision-making through the application of analytics
- Equip managers and leaders with tools and information to strategically apply the data at their disposal
- Increase effectiveness and reduce risk through improved management decision-making
- Benefit from optimizing revenue management, dynamic pricing, and business modelling
The main ingredient required for a business of any size to improve profitability with analytical decision-making is a willingness to learn new techniques and try new things. Inexpensive tools on desktop computers, including things as commonplace as Microsoft Excel, have made sophisticated analytics possible for anyone.
Learn how organizations are using data to make better decisions in a free white paper. Download a PDF
The Program includes these four themes:
- Understanding when and how to use analytical approaches
- Knowing what tools and skills your organization needs
- Explore best practices with analytics in service businesses, manufacturing, financial services, and the public sector
GETTING THE RIGHT DATA AND GETTING THE DATA RIGHT
- Working with information systems
- Surveys, sampling and data-mining
- Correcting data "censorship"
- Choosing levels of aggregation and assessing likelihoods
TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES
- Get value from the data you collect
- Structuring decision processes in uncertain times
- Extracting critical information from complex data sources
- Visualizing relationships among key decision factors
MAKING IT HAPPEN
- Put an analytical approach into action while avoiding "analysis paralysis"
- Systems and technology recommendations and requirements
- When to use specialists or consultants, and when to do it yourself
- Resources and support as your projects unfold
Who should attend
Managers and executives who are involved in their organizations' strategic planning process.