About the course
Turning data into clear and actionable information is a major challenge for many organizations today. In this course, you’ll dive into business case studies to apply the visualization theory and storytelling skills from the previous two courses in the certificate. Learn to assess business decisions, understand the pros and cons of related visualizations and process data into dynamic visual representations that tell a story and effectively guide business decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The principles of data-driven decision-making
- Ways to select data and visualizations to support various business decisions, such as:
- Setting goals, allocating budget, determining market moves
- Prioritizing projects, developing personnel, managing to goals
- A/B testing, balancing schedules, reducing lead time and defects
- How to curate dashboards and present to stakeholders and decision makers
Benjamin F. Jones is the Gordon and Llura Gund Family Professor of Entrepreneurship, a professor of strategy, and the faculty director of the Kellogg Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative at Northwestern University. An economist by training, Jones studies global economic development, includ...
Associate Strategic Customer Success Manager | Tableau Andrew Barker, a customer success manager at Tableau, is responsible for helping some of Tableau's biggest customers develop and execute organization-wide analytics strategies. Previously, he managed a product consulting team at Tableau for ...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.